Strange Engine Behavior after startup

Matic_Prime

Hi all,

Iam getting more and more into the k50 Bit today I experienced a weird Startup behavior.

The two engines were running way to high rpm after startup and I got several warnings about my erkran and what not...

So in which position has the erkran to be at startup? I think it has something to do with the two yellow levers on the left behind the erkran?!

However the engine rpm was at almost 10k rpn even when I was at about 1/2 of the throttle.

Does anyone know what went wrong? ????

Ekran is the little screen with yellow txt messages, it just gives you warnings.

'Watch Ekran' means like, look at the Ekran, because it has a message that something is wrong.

Doesnt écran mean screen in French? Watch screen!

The two yellow levers on the left, thats throttle or 'engine control'.

Throttle has like 4 positions. It starts at the bottom at 'idle' then up to running > auto > overdrive. The names dont matter its just 1,2,3,4.

You should start the engines in idle(1) mode, once they are both spooled up, click the throttle up TWO positions into auto(3). (Page Up default button).

You might have gone all the way up into the 4th position.

Throttle is different than collective. Was your collective all the way down?

Also, whenever I forget how to start the Ka50 I do the Start Up training mission. It shows you how to do everything in order.

Edited by canox204

X52

Yeah, if I remember right, the overdrive is for emergency situations, like getting over mountains in the thin air. I think you can run it for about half an hour before the engines blow, or something like that.\

Can't remember if you have to turn off the governors or not. It's all in the flight manual.