Fw190 A8 Landing gear

Moses Orbison

You must be very particular. Once you have a positive climb, immediately raise your gear, and do not exceed 280km/h while the gear is out.

Once the gear is fully retracted, then raise the flaps.

I can't remember the issues (not with DCS as a bug, but with the 190A8) specifically, but it seems the Anton is easily overloaded. If you raise flaps and gear at the same time, you'll overload it. If you arm the cannons too soon within each other, you'll overload it. If you continuously fire for too long, you'll overload it. I don't get what's with the undercarriage though. I would imagine hydraulics would be their own deal. I'd have to hit the manual/EA guide.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

You must be very particular. Once you have a positive climb, immediately raise your gear, and do not exceed 280km/h while the gear is out.

Once the gear is fully retracted, then raise the flaps.

I can't remember the issues (not with DCS as a bug, but with the 190A8) specifically, but it seems the Anton is easily overloaded. If you raise flaps and gear at the same time, you'll overload it. If you arm the cannons too soon within each other, you'll overload it. If you continuously fire for too long, you'll overload it. I don't get what's with the undercarriage though. I would imagine hydraulics would be their own deal. I'd have to hit the manual/EA guide.

Actualy everything in FW190 is run electricaly, including main gears, flaps and what ever you can immagine.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Landing gear won't stay retracted on my Fw 190 "Anton" After take off almost retracts then drops back down and stays there.

I would advice to turn only absolutely required circuits before t/o, so leave pitot heat off/guns heaters off if there any. And after t/o once thing at time so landing gear up first wait for safty lights, then flaps.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

You must be very particular....

Not really. Happens to lots of people.

There are already several related threads. Problem is that the CB's (circuit breakers) are extremely sensitive and pop out if there is the slightest overload in the respective circuit. So if your flight path after takeoff is a bit bumpy, or you are too fast, or you climb too fast, the CB for the undercarriage drive (Fahrwerksantrieb) will pop out. Still happens to me sometimes, despite a lot of practice. I have bound the ON command for that CB to a switch on my throttle lever so when I see that the "Ein" lights don't light up (or only one of them) I activate that switch. You also want to check the CB's for Battery and Generator to be sure they are both in.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Well, if you follow what I've stated above, it will avoid these issues. I've followed this procedure for a month, and have rarely had problems. And when I do, it's because I wasn't paying enough attention and got too close to 280km/h before the gear raised.

So yes, be particular

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria