[ALREADY REPORTED] Extremely Bad Porpoising & Indicated Airspeed Error

VAF [136] Striker

So we did this little fingertip training hop and as we were coming back and descended below 12k, the airspeed started reading wrong. It went down to 150 on the HUD and then the aircraft started porpoising up and down uncontrollably. I went into the burner for a few seconds and thought I had control back but it came back so bad that I tried rolling and pulling to get it to stop. It finally stopped after I blacked out for a few seconds. The whole problem starts at 36:10 into the mission and you can clearly see it in Tacview. We've been experiencing this problem mostly at low altitudes and high speeds over the water but nothing like this.

VAF SUPT And Refueling Caucasus-20191207-141001.trk

Tacview-20191207-141026-DCS-VAF SUPT And Refueling Caucasus.zip

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This track didn't save any of your client aircraft, or at least I can't figure out how to see them. My suspicion from seeing other reports of this behavior is either exceeding VMO/MMO, but your Airspeed problem sounds like probe icing. Maybe you got both at the same time.

Hard to tell since I can't view your track, and don't own Tackview.

Edited by randomTOTEN

you probably got yourself into deep stall. that's what your MPO (MANUAL PITCH OVERRIDE) switch is for ;)

Really? Not very likely since I was descending at about 5 degrees at about half throttle and the probe heat was on since taking off. I'm not the only one that has experienced this problem. So you might want to leave it for someone from ED to analyze instead of putting forth your own speculation.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Might want to get a Mod to move it to the Bug reporting thread rather in the discussion thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Really? Not very likely since I was descending at about 5 degrees at about half throttle and the probe heat was on since taking off. I'm not the only one that has experienced this problem. So you might want to leave it for someone from ED to analyze instead of putting forth your own speculation.

listen, i'm just trying to help, no reason to react like this. AOA is not only a function of pitch, and you are saying you had an IAS of 150kt, which speaks for high AOA. admittedly, i can only speculate how deep aerodynamic effects (--> wakes, other jet exhaust) are implemented by ED, and how accurate the viper is physically modeled by now (--> exaggerated deep stall behavior)...that being said, deep stall, whether or not it is correct for the situation you got into, is a possibility.

in this case afterburner has no effect, as far as i am informed. the only way out is using the MPO and getting the jet's pitch in sync with the oscillation.