No need to re align GPS weapons since last open beta!

nickos86

Saw this thread on reddit - GREAT NEWS!

"As I'm sure you were all aware, up until today, using the JDAM or JSOW in the Hornet required a 2:30min alignment process, and upon switching to A/A mastermode or switching to a different weapon, they would power down, lose their alignment and you would have to restart the process.

I've been in touch with ED to get this fixed since it's not accurate and they were extremely receptive and quick to fix, and now the fix is in the today's open beta.

The new power mechanics are:

Selecting one JDAM or JSOW variant will power up and align all JDAM or JSOW variants on board, not only the selected one. This will run the usual 2:30 timer on all variants simultaneously.

Selecting A/A master mode or switching to a different A/G weapon will not power down any JDAM or JSOW, they will remain powered up and aligned in the background

To power down JDAM/JSOW, the procedure is to select (box) the appropriate variant in the STORES page, then click the same OSB to unbox it"

link:

Can't try it now, but I'm happy this got fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

A video by NINELINE to show this change + returning the STEP option for JDAM/JSOW (without choosing more than one bomb in the QUANTITY).

NINELINE - can you provide info regarding what's planed for the JDAM/JSOW carried on dual racks?

Any plan for Station xa, Xb?

Thanks!

It's weird (and frustrating) what goes into the log and what gets left out.

Even more weird is that I still can remember the bug report threads about this marked [CORRECT AS IS] and similar. Errare humanum est. Thanks to the OP and ED for getting this done!

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg