Defog crank

JRM

Hi

I just realized that the f18 has a defog crank in the left inferior panel....I guess that if I move the crank to Maximum level the visibility will improve in climates with fog..

.. please correct me if I'm wrong

Hi

I just realized that the f18 has a defog crank in the left inferior panel....I guess that if I move the crank to Maximum level the visibility will improve in climates with fog..

.. please correct me if I'm wrong

I imagine it's more like car windshield defogging - that is, removing condensation from the glass rather than improving visibility in actual fog. I don't know if it's functional in DCS.

It's more of an eyecandy for now. When you move it, you hear the change it air flow sound. However fogging and freezing effects are not implemented in DCS, so it serves no functional purpose.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

It's more of an eyecandy for now. When you move it, you hear the change it air flow sound. However fogging and freezing effects are not implemented in DCS, so it serves no functional purpose.

More like an earcandy :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Dang. I thought it lifted the defogged the air and improved visibility.

Nope, that is the mission editor.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria