Play Station Controller

I want to buy the Valve Index. However I can only afford the headset and one base station. Can I use a Play Station controller in place of the Valve Index Controllers? I only fly DCS at the moment.

If you fly DCS, don't even consider that Playstation gamepad. Not that you couldn't make it work at very crude way, but joystick is multiple times far better, even a cheap 50€ ones.

AFAIK the Valve index knuckle controllers are not supported, only the Oculus Touch Controllers in DCS cockpit.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Hi Fri13. Sorry I was unclear; but I have a HOTAS. Do I need a piece of hardware to replace the Valve controllers. In other words, can I play DCS with only a headset and one base station?

You don't need any VR controllers. Just launch DCS from your install directory or Steam (whichever you use). First time in game you can tag "launch in VR" in your VR settings and next time you start up it will directly start in VR. You can just use the mouse from there

So no need to use any VR dashboard (or whatever it's called)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH