[NO BUG]Altimeter mismatch

ultrablue2258

I've noticed that in the hornet that your standby altimeter does not always match your hud altimeter. This should not the case. In a test mission with the hornet spawning at 24,000ft, the F2 altimeter shows 23,992ft; the HUD altimeter shows 23,650ft; the altimeter gauge shows slightly less than 23,500ft. I've attached the track file to show this issue. The barometric pressure is 29.92 with no winds. I have noticed this happening no matter the environmental factors.

FA-18AltitudeMismatch.trk

I've noticed that in the hornet that your standby altimeter does not always match your hud altimeter. This should not the case. In a test mission with the hornet spawning at 24,000ft, the F2 altimeter shows 23,992ft; the HUD altimeter shows 23,650ft; the altimeter gauge shows slightly less than 23,500ft. I've attached the track file to show this issue. The barometric pressure is 29.92 with no winds. I have noticed this happening no matter the environmental factors.

Is one adjusting for ASL and the other not?

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

The HUD shows ADC calculated baro alt while the backup system is a self-contained simpler system that is subject to all sorts of alpha/beta/lag/temperature/mach/whatever errors that the ADC-driven value isn't (or rather the ADC corrects for with some success). It's normal for the ADC value and the standby altimeter to differ. 150' at 23-24kft sounds like a good deal of agreement for the backup altimeter to me.