Mounting DelanClip

I got my DelanClip, pulled it out the box, slapped the velcro's on my headset and tried it out.

I have the TrackIR camera along with the hat, but opted for buying the actual clip from DelanClip, as the hat gave me headaches after a while.

Now, I find it pretty tough to align it when attaching it to the headset. It's either at an angle (which makes it so that, if I look to my left or right, TrackIR thinks I'm tilting my head, even though im not), or clicking against the side of the headset, which is very audible on the inside.

How have people attached it to their headset? Any suggestions welcome.

I used a couple of plastic cable ties to attach the clip to my headphones:

Rudel_20141119_1791.jpg

I bent the clip a bit, so that its light were more on a vertical line, rather than angled outwards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I sort of did what Rudel did, bent it a little.

Go and look in a mirror and then use the camera to see if the LEDs are aligned.

What I am really curious about, is weather you will find it better or worse than than the hat.

I've probably set it up sort of incorrectly, as when I look the the right it thinks I'm leaning forward, as the LEDs get closer to the camera vs. leaning back when I look to the left.

So I'm thinking about getting, or building a hat/frontal mount.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Seems like the ideal solution, sadly just not possible on my headset, as it almost from the top to the tip of the ear. I endud up attaching it with two velcro stickers, one in the middle and one at the top, to the ear cup of my headset. It's not concealed behind the cup but still not too visible from my own perspective, and seems to stay somewhat straight in the camera.

For

What I am really curious about, is weather you will find it better or worse than than the hat.

I got tired of the hat, as it felt kind of... constrictive? It felt uncomfortable to have the hat on, and then a headset on top, but I know some people play like that anyway.

I had a lot of problems with looking upwards with the hat, as it lost track of the reflectors really easily. The clip does the same, but has a little more wiggleroom, and as long as I'm not looking directly straight, it barely seems to lose track.

The reflectors are just reflectors too, which means that the camera would sometimes pick up my glasses or even just a closet handle or anything reflective in the background, which would result in having to do small head jiggles for the camera to pick them up as primary again.

Edited by Infectedd

Thanks for the answer!

Nice heads up about "hat issues".

I am actually thinking about making my own clip, but position the LEDs like on a hat, and attach it to my headset.

This way there will be no constraints for the camera to see the LEDs, and left and right yaw will be "equal".

At least that's my theory!

Maybe you could make it on something like a tennis cap, if you feel like an all-head cap would be too much?

Also just FYI, the TrackIR software seems to have to settings, one for the hat which looks for reflectors, and then one for the clip which looks for LEDs in the position of the clip, but there might be some way to change that in the settings.

Oh, now I was actually planning to make it similar to the Delan clip in metal or print it. Just with a frame with "spikes" to attach the LEDs like on a hat, but not on a hat, to attach on my headset.

I've looked, but haven't found any yet, 'cause I totally get why you don't wanna wear a hat all the time.

In Opentrack, which I use, you can choose between models. Clip , hat or custom, and then just choose whatever dimensions one have.

Well, that's my plan anyway, but thanks for your input!

I have the similar solution from hattrack on the side of my headphones. The best solution i have for looking left and right is to offset the camera so that it is lined up with the clip and not the centre of the screen

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

The best solution i have for looking left and right is to offset the camera so that it is lined up with the clip and not the centre of the screen

+1 ... I do the same

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB