Undesignate NOT caging TPOD - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #11
ramjet77

Have you tried Mavericks though? Can you slew them and fire multiple ones if designated with a TGP?
ramjet77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:09 PM   #12
fitness88
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet77 View Post
Have you tried Mavericks though? Can you slew them and fire multiple ones if designated with a TGP?
I worked with Mavs awhile ago...I'd have to brush up on it. There is great info on this question in this forum.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:02 PM   #13
Phantom_Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet77 View Post
i'll check that out here and post back........I haven't tried Mav's yet either......just JDAMS so far.
Phantom_Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:40 AM   #14
fitness88
Veteran

edit my OP #7
You can move, designate, move, designate, move, designate then when in range, release, release, release. All 3 on target. You don't want to un-designate between the 3 tgts. because then must move back from boresight.

I must add to clarify my OP, you need to un-designate only once you are at the last station before release.
I don't think there is a way not to un-designate and release without overwriting the first station. As mentioned in previous posts, it would be nice to keep the TPOD in the tgt area for damage assessment.

Last edited by fitness88; 03-28-2020 at 04:43 AM.
fitness88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #15
gswindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness88 View Post
I use TGP for JSOW, un-designate will go back to centerline -9, un-cage will go back to -5.
I have found there is no need to un-designate before weapon release...at least with the JSOW. This allows you to stay on tgt and re-designate another tgt in the area or just to monitor the impact damage.
With air start you wont see a timer

https://youtu.be/3FqVxTNe6F8?t=53

Just hit the MAV button twice in the DDI make the DDI SOI and un-cage the maverick

Hope that helps

kind regards

Scott Newnham

Thanks, big help but……………
Do not Designate the WAYPOINT on the target on the HSI, the slew button will not function!
I DISCOVERED THAT ACCIDENTLY!

Hope this helps,

T Swindle
gswindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:00 PM   #16
gswindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness88 View Post
I use TGP for JSOW, un-designate will go back to centerline -9, un-cage will go back to -5.
I have found there is no need to un-designate before weapon release...at least with the JSOW. This allows you to stay on tgt and re-designate another tgt in the area or just to monitor the impact damage.
With air start you wont see a timer

https://youtu.be/3FqVxTNe6F8?t=53

Just hit the MAV button twice in the DDI make the DDI SOI and un-cage the maverick

Hope that helps

kind regards

Scott Newnham

Do not Designate the WAYPOINT on the target on the HSI, the slew button will not function!

A diamond on the heading tape means you have designated the waypoint as the target; you cannot undesignate with a button.
You must use waypoint: up/dn to clear WP Designate.

Hope this helps,

T Swindle
Old 03-29-2020, 09:03 PM   #17
gswindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dresoccer4 View Post
ok this is weird, now i'm having the opposite problem i had before. i'm panning the TPOD around and designating target points, however when i press undesignate, nothing happens. previously this would boresite/cage the TPOD.

also when i press WPDSG on the HSI, the TPOD does not pan to the selected waypoint. maybe it's just late and i'm doing something wrong but usually this is a simple task. i've attached a screenshot of the situation where i'm pressing undesignate and nothing happens...

Attachment 230613

EDIT: i turned the FlIR off an on again, and was able to do a waypoint designate tpod slew 1 time sucessfully. but after i launched my bomb it stopped working again, aka could no longer cage or designate

Hope that helps

kind regards

Scott Newnham

A diamond on the heading tape means you have designated the waypoint as the target; you cannot UNDESIGNATE with a button.

You must use waypoint: up/dn to clear WP Designate.

Hope this helps,

T Swindle