Learning to Fly Through M-2000C

Horns

You can do it like that with any aircraft in DCS if you want to. I don't see the point of flying a simulator to "just" flip 3 switches and the HUD, which would just get you in the air with no nav and with a lot of lights on your warning panel. You can just do the same with any aircraft in DCS.

The efficient use of the INS, radar, bullseye and weapon systems is a bit (a lot !!) more than "master arm on and select the weapon you want to fire". I guess we don't fly the same way :).

im simulating like anyone others, i knew exactly some one would comment like this helljumper

if you think there is an easier fighter jet to fly then the mirage i just cant help you even with all the procedures and stuff. i can start my engine turn on the hud turn on the INS and wait 8 minutes be on target at time and pound the ground, and i never used more than 10 switches.

your reply is completly irrelevant because the question was what is easier to learn. you dont need to know what ins is for the first flight and hey you saved 2 switches

Even fc3 modules are complicated at the beginning, where should he know he has to press 1,2,3,4, for the different modes, where should he know 7 is for air to ground. in the mirage he loads op some Magic's, then on the PCA a MAG appers, now press it and voila your golden to fire your missile. you can learn that without anything. also bombs press it and your golden, gun press it an your golden(to be fair there is one gunsafety switch that needs to be set first^^) you dont need to know in the beginning what rappid and low rate guns is it just works, and what is complicated for releasing weapons? piper on target fire. easy as it is. you want to do CCRP? ok you need to designate target and you need to know hud symbology, but guess what i had in 10 mins without any manuals. i stand to my word currently there is no easier plane to fly in DCS as the mirage. No matter how realistic you fly. Of course you can go crazy with INS bombing but thats almost the only thing that is a bit complicated (never used it correctly)

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

@Sedenion: I don't avoid fighting nor did I say that. I just also like doing the button clicking, procedure and communication part of the sim, like the people that fly civilian sims. If this is boring to you fine, but it's not for everyone and I realy like doing it.

And I really don't see what psychology or sociology is doing here.... Do I need to feel insulted or something ?

@Whaaw: Of course if you want it to be simple it will be simple (and it's fine, I have no problem with that :)), but if you want to fly like an AdA pilot fly, there is more than 3 button to switch. And the systems is only a fraction of what you need to learn to be efficient with a fighter aircraft. You need to learn a lot of comms, procedure, tactics....

For me flying an aircraft is more than flipping the 3 switches you need to start the engine and be airborne, it's about knowing the procedures, the coms, the checklists, the systems... I'm not saying it's the only way to play the sim (might not have been clear on that, sorry if that was the case), but saying that operating the mirage is using X switches to start, X to drop a bomb, X to fire a missile, X to start the INS... is not very representative of how the aircraft operate.

Edited by myHelljumper

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

To get back on the thread, yes, overall the Mirage 2000C is a simple fighter to handle, even for a DCS module.

On one hand you have more things to handle than in FC3 module, on the other hand, you can click in the cockpit, so you don't need to learn the keyboard short-cuts...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

@Whaaw: Of course if you want it to be simple it will be simple (and it's fine, I have no problem with that :)), but if you want to fly like an AdA pilot fly, there is more than 3 button to switch. And the systems is only a fraction of what you need to learn to be efficient with a fighter aircraft. You need to learn a lot of comms, procedure, tactics....

For me flying an aircraft is more than flipping the 3 switches you need to start the engine and be airborne, it's about knowing the procedures, the coms, the checklists, the systems... I'm not saying it's the only way to play the sim (might not have been clear on that, sorry if that was the case), but saying that operating the mirage is using X switches to start, X to drop a bomb, X to fire a missile, X to start the INS... is not very representative of how the aircraft operate.

i Understand you very well, Im a Viggen Instructor Pilot in the TAW community, i know that there is alot more than just the 3 switches to start the Engine. But he was asking how hard is it to learn basically, and my statment is that he would be able to fly the Mirage in a shorter time than any other plane, or at least the same than the FC3 module. One reason i love the mirage so much is that i dont had to dig through the manual 2 weeks to get it flying. I swear i was in the air and deploying rockets 15 min after i joined the Cockpit the first time without any manual or youtube video, no other module provided me that. at least for me

SFMBE

i Understand you very well, Im a Viggen Instructor Pilot in the TAW community, i know that there is alot more than just the 3 switches to start the Engine. But he was asking how hard is it to learn basically, and my statment is that he would be able to fly the Mirage in a shorter time than any other plane, or at least the same than the FC3 module. One reason i love the mirage so much is that i dont had to dig through the manual 2 weeks to get it flying. I swear i was in the air and deploying rockets 15 min after i joined the Cockpit the first time without any manual or youtube video, no other module provided me that. at least for me

Alright then, I must have misunderstand you, my apologies :doh:.

I do agree with what you said above, the basic stuff is easy and straightforward, I wanted to say that I you dig up a bit you will have to learn a lot of stuff before you can kick ass with it :).

I agree that the Viggen is on the other side, if you don't read the manual won't be able to do anything with it :D.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA