Early test of AV-8B Night Attack for DCS.

Zeus67

Wow! It is incredible how much work seems to be done between each video. I know some of the hardest parts are the things you don't see but it looks great. Thank you RAZBAM for keeping your customers in the loop.

Quick question. In the earlier videos the aircraft had those green lines, what are they for? My guess was lift/vector lines for visually representation during development/testing.

Edited by Goldsmack

Windows 10 Pro 64, I5 4690k @4.6GHz with CAPTIAN 240EX AOI, Samsung 850 EVO ,G Skill Ripjaws 16G RAM, Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX, MSI Z97 GAMING 5, WD Blue 1TB HDD, Seasonic M12 II EVO psu, Track IR 5, Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was first playing flight sims in the early 90s I could only dream of getting aircraft modelled to this level of detail. But there are 4 aircraft that I have wanted more than any other.

1 the Spitfire

2 the Tomcat

3 a harrier

& 4 a Tornado.

One is here and two are on the way and it's a dream come true. I'm also so impressed with Razbams work they have made me a Mirage 2000 fan, and have shown beyond doubt they are capable of producing high quality aircraft for DCS.

It just leaves the Tornado. One day I long for a Tornado.

The Harrier is looking wonderful guys.

The Tornado its a very cool jet....but i think very difficult to make...its wings have to swing forward and backwards in sync with its wings cargo. i have the Tornado in FSX and i enjoy it very much hope they make it for DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

• 4 weeks later...

Flying at night with the NAVFLIR

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I wanted to know if I could take off with this heavy load:

8 GBU-12s

TGP

DECM

Fuel Tank

Well, I did but it was a struggle. Not sure if I will be able to do so later when the EFM is more advanced.

• Like 1

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

I wanted to know if I could take off with this heavy load:

8 GBU-12s

TGP

DECM

Fuel Tank

Well, I did but it was a struggle. Not sure if I will be able to do so later when the EFM is more advanced.

I'm thinking that if you eject the complete load at the same time, the negative G's will put you into orbit. :)

that aircraft always amazes me by its look, like how it can be so fugly by those wing tires and now first time i got the look for its engines and it is even more wonder how it flies!

This after 20 years as i saw the documentary of it last month...

beautiful modeling and very great to see in DCS!

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

that aircraft always amazes me by its look, like how it can be so fugly by those wing tires and now first time i got the look for its engines and it is even more wonder how it flies!

This after 20 years as i saw the documentary of it last month...

beautiful modeling and very great to see in DCS!

We have a Pegasus engine where I work, its an incredible piece of engineering.

Rocket and gun sights test.

Anyway, one big difference between the AV-8B and the M-2000C is that on AG mode you can go with both the selected AG ordnance and the gun hot at the same time. Except when using Sidearms since both use the same firing mechanism.

Small bug on the rockets sights, the slant range is given the value in meters, not feet as it should. I will fix that tomorrow.