Reliable Dedi Server Hoster - Recommendations - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 09:24 PM   #1
JaBoG32_Prinzartus

Default Reliable Dedi Server Hoster - Recommendations

Hi Pilots!

I'd appreciate recommendations for DCS server hosters, that provide good performance, managablitity and stable network (especially between 20:00-23:00 lcl) in regards to DCS squad hosting.

No assunptions, only validated first hand experience please.
Our DCS clients are located in Central Europe, mainly Germany and Austria.
Old 02-14-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
Maverick87Shaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBoG32_Prinzartus View Post
Hi Pilots!

I'd appreciate recommendations for DCS server hosters, that provide good performance, managablitity and stable network (especially between 20:00-23:00 lcl) in regards to DCS squad hosting.

No assunptions, only validated first hand experience please.
Our DCS clients are located in Central Europe, mainly Germany and Austria.
I'll suggest to pick up one of the OVH Dedicated Server. They really perform well, good control panel, lot of options, you can eventually Virtualize the DCS machine leaving dedicated environment for other games.
I' personally super happy about this provider, also used lot of other products ( VPS ) for my work.
I've also try Microsoft Azure VM but they really sucks and they are lot expensive ( tested just because i've free computation power to use for my work )

so...pick up one of the OVH server with the highest core clock ( at least 3.5Ghz )
FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 2700x | RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200Mhz running at 2600Mhz (Damn RyZen!) | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 2080 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD SATAIII Crucial MX300 750GB | Device: VirPil T-50, ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle and Pedals, TrackHat, MFD Cougar.
Server => [ITA] Banshee | PersianConquest PvE | Live Map&Stats & [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE
Maverick87Shaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #3
TheBamse

I rent a "root server" from hetzner.de. It has been working amazingly well for about five years now, even pre-dedicated DCS server and even before I started playing DCS and found an amazing group of ppl to play with.
If it's worth the price? Nah, you'd be better off buying a server of your own (if you got internet that's good/stable enough for your needs that is), it'll be cheaper in the end.

If you're looking for a more SaaS-oriented hosting platform I have zero input, not my thing
TheBamse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:03 PM   #4
Noisy

You're welcome to try my hourly service hosted from aws Frankfurt https://ready-room.net
Noisy is offline   Reply With Quote