DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - Page 268 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 09:47 AM   #2671
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacleyCole View Post
I’ve tried removing all signs of srs except for the auto Updater.exe file shut down completely and tried reinstalling using the autoUpdater.exe I’m trying to bring up the settings page but I’m not able to bring up anything. When in dcs I have the black windows with red and green tent but I’ve never had troubles with srs I. The past I’m not sure what’s wrong or where to look for it. Or where the CFg data is stored on a drive or in the registry.
For support please go to Discord, https://discord.gg/Ajzxqxj

Follow #common-issues first post

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:00 PM   #2672
shomke

Simple (and certainly stupid) question. Is it possible to hide the transparent popup telling "No Radio Connected..." when playing offline?
shomke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:53 PM   #2673
Nealius
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciribob View Post
Sure fair comment on documentation as a lot is in release notes so lost over time.

I prefer a wiki to docs inline as people can contribute and there is a help section in SRS with some basic info.

If you're up for it, I can add you as a contributor on the GitHub if you're up for editing the wiki?

I could do a bit with that if needed. Wiki sounds good and easily accessible. GitHub is an absolute nightmare to navigate for laymen; it's designed by software engineer brains for software engineer brains.

ASUS Z170 | i5-7600 | RTX2070 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10
Nealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #2674
Captain Orso

Quote:
Originally Posted by shomke View Post
Simple (and certainly stupid) question. Is it possible to hide the transparent popup telling "No Radio Connected..." when playing offline?
Use <Alt><Shift><Esc> to cycle through the display options, one of which is no-display.

The next time you start DCS it will display automatically again, and if you want to display it again during the same session, simply use <Alt><Shift><Esc> again until you get the display you wish

System Specs.
Spoiler:
System board ... MSI X99A GAMING 9 ACK
CPU ............ Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3800MHz per OC Genie
CPU cooling .... Noctua NH-D15
Memory ......... 16GB DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ripjaw
PSU ............ Corsair AX860i PSU
Graphics card .. Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme
System disk .... SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB SSD
Monitor ........ ASUS MG279Q, 27"
VR ............. Oculus Rift CV1
Captain Orso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 08:49 AM   #2675
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nealius View Post
I could do a bit with that if needed. Wiki sounds good and easily accessible. GitHub is an absolute nightmare to navigate for laymen; it's designed by software engineer brains for software engineer brains.
GitHub has a built in wiki but it's very easy to use so no worries.

Send me your GitHub username and you can edit then. Thanks!

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Old 02-14-2020, 12:03 PM   #2676
LeCuvier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orso View Post
Use <Alt><Shift><Esc> to cycle through the display options, one of which is no-display.

The next time you start DCS it will display automatically again, and if you want to display it again during the same session, simply use <Alt><Shift><Esc> again until you get the display you wish
On my computer it's <Ctrl><Shift><Esc>.
Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5
LeCuvier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 08:48 PM   #2677
pocketedition

VA SRS Puzzle

I have NO issue with SRS.
I have NO issue with VA.

I have need to ask if anyone can assist me with what I'm trying to achieve.
I have an issue with keyboard use and found that voice attack employ helps me greatly.
It has a setting somewhere that allows a switch/button on a controller to be activated that instucts the application to "Stop listening"
I have many times tried to set up this effect although up to this point in time without success.
Thank you to the many people that post on the many different forums
methods to do this, but as yet no. I push the chosen control and, voice attack keeps listening.

So, Voice Attack does it for me in flying the aircraft.
All good. SRS came along.
Yeah, this is great, really is. I much prefer SRS over the other options. However.... I would like an opportunity to use VA and SRS at the same time.
I would like to press ingame "PTT" and have SRS "listen" and at the same button push have VA “go deaf"
This I hope will allow me to talk to fellow pielets without suddenly being ejected from the aircraft mid-sentence thanks to VA.

Is this achievable? Is anyone doing this, how did you get to this position?
Can, and this is going to be the difficult part. Can you write out the method to set this up?
I will ask that you take into consideration that you will be instructing an elderly dyslexic.
So for all you CC's out there please don’t reply with "RTFM"
pocketedition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:46 AM   #2678
JAGTUX

Hello pilots.

I unzipped the file "DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.7.4.0.zip" and I have found a virus in the file "VC_redist.x64.exe".

Have a nice flight!
JAGTUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:50 AM   #2679
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGTUX View Post
Hello pilots.

I unzipped the file "DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.7.4.0.zip" and I have found a virus in the file "VC_redist.x64.exe".

Have a nice flight!
That is 100% a false positive.... As its the file from Microsoft (and signed)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...al-c-downloads

Specifically- https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe

Compare the hash to see

Last edited by Ciribob; 02-16-2020 at 09:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2020, 09:55 AM   #2680
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketedition View Post
VA SRS Puzzle

I have NO issue with SRS.
I have NO issue with VA.

I have need to ask if anyone can assist me with what I'm trying to achieve.
I have an issue with keyboard use and found that voice attack employ helps me greatly.
It has a setting somewhere that allows a switch/button on a controller to be activated that instucts the application to "Stop listening"
I have many times tried to set up this effect although up to this point in time without success.
Thank you to the many people that post on the many different forums
methods to do this, but as yet no. I push the chosen control and, voice attack keeps listening.

So, Voice Attack does it for me in flying the aircraft.
All good. SRS came along.
Yeah, this is great, really is. I much prefer SRS over the other options. However.... I would like an opportunity to use VA and SRS at the same time.
I would like to press ingame "PTT" and have SRS "listen" and at the same button push have VA “go deaf"
This I hope will allow me to talk to fellow pielets without suddenly being ejected from the aircraft mid-sentence thanks to VA.

Is this achievable? Is anyone doing this, how did you get to this position?
Can, and this is going to be the difficult part. Can you write out the method to set this up?
I will ask that you take into consideration that you will be instructing an elderly dyslexic.
So for all you CC's out there please don’t reply with "RTFM"
One for Hollywood (VAICOM) rather than myself (i think?)

Currently SRS has an integration with VAICOM where VAICOM can inhibit the transmission of an SRS transmission when VAICOM is dealing with it.

Enable Allow VAICOM TX Inhibit for this feature to work.

There isnt anything for the other way around - i.e SRS PTT is pressed so VAICOM shouldnt listen but could be done but would need work from Hollywoods side