winter update still on track? (yak-52 candlelit vigil) - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-28-2020, 09:45 PM   #61
zafgev

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzer View Post
Right. How far up the priority list is this? You realise with some of the unfinished items like the lack of LOD model and the issue (that I have reported that has been found to be effecting all prop planes) means that the yak is pretty much unplayable in a multiplayer environment, especially vr and if multiple yaks are around as they tank the fps exponentially. Not a new issue, one that needs Urgent work.
+1
zafgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:06 AM   #62
Dehuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
We will have a news update for the Super Carrier in next weeks newsletter.

thanks
fixed for accuracy
Dehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 07:32 AM   #63
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
fixed for accuracy
Yep next time I wont be so quick when talking about newsletter items, plans change just as in this case.

The team are very aware the YAK-52 needs finishing, their plan is to have it completed by the end of the year.

When I know anything for sure I will pass it on, until then I don't have anything to share.

Thank you for your patience.
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #64
hazzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Yep next time I wont be so quick when talking about newsletter items, plans change just as in this case.

The team are very aware the YAK-52 needs finishing, their plan is to have it completed by the end of the year.

When I know anything for sure I will pass it on, until then I don't have anything to share.

Thank you for your patience.
Unfortunately I have run out of patience, I'm sick of this being a constant issue. Not just with the Yak. I find it crazy that a company can get away with leaving things unfinished 1.5 years on. Ah well my money has already been extracted from my person.

Edit: I will add that there is a difference between missing features and issues such as no lod and the fps issue with all ww2 props. Obviously the 2 latter items are serious game stopping items that should be fixed immediately, they simply are not items that you aim to fix by the end of 2020. Could you please confirm if they are working on these issues or if they are going to sit till the other work starts?

Last edited by hazzer; 02-11-2020 at 01:02 PM.
hazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:22 PM   #65
BIGNEWY
ED Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzer View Post
Unfortunately I have run out of patience, I'm sick of this being a constant issue. Not just with the Yak. I find it crazy that a company can get away with leaving things unfinished 1.5 years on. Ah well my money has already been extracted from my person.

Edit: I will add that there is a difference between missing features and issues such as no lod and the fps issue with all ww2 props. Obviously the 2 latter items are serious game stopping items that should be fixed immediately, they simply are not items that you aim to fix by the end of 2020. Could you please confirm if they are working on these issues or if they are going to sit till the other work starts?
I respect your opinion, early access can be a long process and it is not suited to everyone. If you decide to wait in the future for feature complete aircraft I understand.

All I can tell you is the team are planning to have the Yak-52 feature complete this year 2020, I am reluctant to give a guess at this stage.

thank you
BIGNEWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 06:13 PM   #66
schurem

What is missing in the YaK, besides the radio navigation?

I would *love* a simple rocket pod, even if it fired only smoke rockets, to give it a role to play in combat.

Old 02-12-2020, 07:40 PM   #67
Magnatilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by schurem View Post
Off the top of my head :
Level of Detail - annoying for other online players if you turn up in a Yak.
Inverted stall bug - really annoying if you fly aerobatics.
Some synching issues for multicrew.
Lack of ground effect?
Engine model/failures.

Have a look at the bug section if your interested

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=599

BN, i notice the inverted stall bug is not marked as reported, is there something needed?

Last edited by Magnatilla; 02-12-2020 at 07:43 PM.
Magnatilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 10:59 PM   #68
AeriaGloria

Quote:

I would *love* a simple rocket pod, even if it fired only smoke rockets, to give it a role to play in combat.

I wonder if it’s possible to mod it like the Kiowa, where we open the canopy in flight and drop a smoke Grenade. As if you have a bag of them with you in the pit
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:40 PM   #69
xvii-Dietrich

Quote:

I agree with that completely. It does not need to be "sharp" munitions. Some options would include:

• Smoke rockets, as you suggest, and as are implemented on various other aircraft (like the UH-1H or Mi-8 )
  • Signal flares (such as on the Bf109 or L-39).
  • Smoke grenades (like those planned for the upcoming OH-58 Kiowa).

Something that could be detected with a trigger would let artillery spotting, search (for search and rescue) or calling in CAS. We have used Huey's to "smoke mark" for F-5s in multiplayer missions before. Being able to do that with the Yak52 would be awesome.

Oh, and some more service liveries/paintschemes too... that one you posted is absolutely gorgeous!
xvii-Dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #70
Thor_H

A very humble request to make it possible to use the Doosaaf USSR skin as the USSR.
Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign
Thor_H is offline   Reply With Quote