randomTOTEN

The bottom left option should be "I already have an Activation Code"
randomTOTEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #13
Yurgon
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
Eventually the plan is to move all modules to keyless.
Which happened today with the OpenBeta release of 2.5.6. Hooray!

Shouldn't be long until the same applies to the Stable.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:53 PM   #14
Dunbal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGNEWY View Post
please contact support directly.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

thanks

Nah the modules work fine if you just click out of it. I'm guessing it's more a StarForce thing than an ED thing. Let's all take a moment to reflect on how much we love StarForce (yeah yeah I know, 12 years ago things were different)
Dunbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:56 PM   #15
Brixmis

I'm getting nervous because I am about to reinstall windows and will have to therefore reinstall or reactivate everything else as well. My C drive SSD is throwing a wobbler - 1st reason to reinstall, plus I am upgrading my CPU and motherboard - either of which requires reactivations.

A while ago I had the same issue as the OP with A-10C requesting activations out of the blue - repeatedly, every time I started the sim despite having been activated the previous time I started it. From having a number left I have gone to zero activations left. I did contact support via the website but got the usual "whats the worry? It will all be replaced soon" number.

Now the system has not been replaced and I will have to reactivate. If anything goes wrong anywhere I'm left up the creek with the A-10C (yeah, come on - "what''s the worry? You just have to wait a month...!". Do me a favour - it isn't acceptable.

Apart from this, when attempting to deactivate both BS and FC3 a few minutes ago, I was told it was not possible. Possible reason given that I had run out of activations - which I struggle to believe as I note down how many activations and deactivations are left whenever I perform it, and the only module with zero is that A-10C due to aforementioned bug (which is what it has to be).

This archaic and over-zealous system should have been ditched years ago. I'm really sick of so-called anti-piracy systems screwing me around - in all of my flight sims, not just this one, whilst the skull and crossbones crowd just laugh.

As you can tell, this a sore point. Yes - for years I had zero issues until 2019 and the above shenanigins. It was one of many events over the years that made me close to ditching the whole thing (which may yet happen - despite the silly amount I've spent on it, which is why I haven't done so up to now).

Nothing more to say.

DCSW Pictorial Guides

Kneeboard Files

Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 09:14 PM   #16
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixmis View Post
Nothing more to say.
If you are a user of the Openbeta branch, the latest Update to 2.5.6 finally completed the transition to key-less protection ... no more StarForce

Quote:
From the Change log:

A-10C, FC3 and BS2 modules migrated to ED DRM protection
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #17
Brixmis

I've not been using it, no - but I was wondering if its impending change was the reason I coudn't deactivate - so that is probably it. Thanks for that - a bit of relief. My A-10C activating issues were about a year ago.

I do still use the standalone A-10C and Ka-50 1 & 2 purely for fun, to fly the many community-made missions I downloaded and never flew. It's still worth doing them for a change. I considered buying a second A-10C during one of the sales just to top up my activations, but since the sale prices are no longer the drop they once were it was no longer attractive for this purpose, and I decided against it.

DCSW Pictorial Guides

Kneeboard Files

Brixmis is offline   Reply With Quote