Show me your mad dogfight skills (FW190D9 Version)

super_baloo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Seem's i am the only one how Posting Videos lately...

Fw-190 2 Dogfight with broken MW-50, and a Spitfire how is rejecting to die Finialy after I damaged/blow away every Part that is Possible on the Spitfire...

(But anyway the slowly improvement on DMG Model look's good keep it Up)

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 2 months later...

After the british experimantel "Bo(m)b Cat" it's only difficult is not to overrun the D9 in a Dive, find some P-51 is hard latley...But found two of then, sadly i pulled up one of my finest Flying enjoy...

Edited by MAD-MM

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Nice flying MAD! :thumbup:

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 1 month later...

After the BS Server was good filled Yesterday, was Time to remove the Dust from the Fw-190...Here small Compilation of my Victims..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

After the BS Server was good filled Yesterday, was Time to remove the Dust from the Fw-190...Here small Compilation of my Victims..

3:12 : your wing is cut by that spit propeller! :O

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 10 months later...

Hello

Any basics tips for dog fighting in the Dora? I feel like Im doing something wrong.

Ive been trying to dog fight the Dora against an AI Average Spitfire pilot and I get zapped every time.

The Spit is on my 6 instantly and Im not sure what to do.

When I fly Spit vs AI Dora I at least feel like I have a chance.

I thought the Dora was supposed to be a superior aircraft?

Watched a bunch of tutorials and dogfight videos for the Dora. I understand the gunsight.

Just learned about the MW-50 switch, is there anything else like that Im missing?

Is the Spit AI just super good?

When I fly the Spit I can take down AI Average Dora pilots easily.

Thx!

Edited by canox204

X52

Hello

Any basics tips for dog fighting in the Dora? I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I've been trying to dog fight the Dora against an AI Average Spitfire pilot and I get zapped every time.

The Spit is on my 6 instantly and I'm not sure what to do.

Watched a bunch of tutorials and dogfight videos for the Dora. I understand the gun sight.

Just learned about the MW-50 switch, is there anything else like that I'm missing?

When I fly the Spit, I can take down AI Average Dora pilots easily.

Thx!

AI does not fly the Dora to its strength. It always bleeds its speed in turns and never tries to energy fight or god forbid Boom and Zoom.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

Any basics tips for dog fighting in the Dora? I feel like Im doing something wrong.

Ive been trying to dog fight the Dora against an AI Average Spitfire pilot and I get zapped every time.

Watched a bunch of tutorials and dogfight videos for the Dora. I understand the gunsight.

Just learned about the MW-50 switch, is there anything else like that Im missing?

Thx!

I am glad, I am not alone, who feels like idiot at dogfights :-)

the only MP PvP strategy I am (only sometimes and rarely) successful with, is to watch enemy from higher altitude, then try to aproach fast from his six and try to shot before he notices you and starts to maneuver

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

Hello

Thx!

It's been awhile since I tried but I tested the dogfighting scenario in the Mustang against other AI mustangs, and it was as if they never bled energy what so ever, and even managed to fly 100 knots faster than I could with missing wing bits.

Simply put the AI just don't play by the same rules as we do.

i7 8700k @ 4.7, 32GB 2900Mhz, 1080ti, CV1

Virpil MT-50\Delta, MFG Crosswind, Warthog Throttle, Virptil Mongoost-50 throttle.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello

Any basics tips for dog fighting in the Dora? I feel like Im doing something wrong....

Thx!

1. The AI Spit defies the laws of physics, plus the Spit is an excellent turnfighter

2. The Dora has superior power but doesn't turn well. In my experience I never had a chance with the Dora against an AI Spit unless I can surprise it (sneak up from behind).

3. With the Dora I'm fairly successful against AI P-51

4. With the Bf109 I'm almost always successful against the AI P-51, and mostly successful against the AI Spit (no tactical mistakes allowed!).

5. In all cases I need to have labels ON because otherwise I don't see the opponent and get slaughtered.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I cannot belive you could do this booming and zooming without blacking out. Are you flying with G effects disabled?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 months later...

Can I show my lack of skills in the Dora? LoL! The last time I touched this module was more than a year ago, but I've been getting tired with the Spits and -109s, so I figured I'd try the Dora again. Well.... I need more practice - MUCH more practice... 😄