Converting To 2.5

FlankerMan

Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I think it is. Anyways, I'm thinking about updating to DCS World 2.5 (when it comes out, obviously), and I was wondering a few things. Thanks in advance!

1-Will 2.5 just be an update to 2.2, or will it be all by itself, needing to be completely downloaded again?

2-Because it has an improved Caucasus map, will Nevada and Normandy be able to be activated on it?

3-If I completely uninstall and remove the 2 versions (1.5.8 Hot Fix 2 and 2.2.0 Open Alpha) I already have, will I be able to activate the modules I already have (FC3, Su-27, NTTR, Su-27 Campaign) on it for free, or will I need to pay again?

4-Lastly, and this is sort of unrelated, if I install FC3, and then later install the Su-27 (which I'd only do if I could re-install the stuff for free), would the icon on the bottom of the screen for the Su-27 come back?

It will be a new install I think. They said it will copy files from 1.5 & 2.2 so it doesn't all have to be downloaded again so don't uninstall them yet. All 3 maps will be available in 2.5. You won't have to pay again for modules you already own.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 It won't be an update from 2.2. Originally they said 2.5 would update from 1.5 open beta but later said it would have to be new install. Keeping a current install will allow for all of your modules to be copied to new instal

2.Yes. The idea is one install that contains everything the way it should be.

3.This is not a conspiracy to make you buy everything twice. You can uninstall and reinstall everything as much as you like but that will make for a longer download.

4.I think installing FC3 makes the individual icons disappear.

Edited by cthulhu68

Okay, this all sounds good! Will I be able to uninstall the other versions? My computer doesn't have the memory for 3 DCS Worlds, 2 is already pushing it. Out of curiosity, can the Su-27 Ultimate Argument Campaign be activated on Standalone? I purchased it through Steam.

All modules, which was are activated in 1.5, to install in the current DCS 2.2 and they are will be automatically activated. Remove 1.5.

Or opposite - install a modules from 2.2 to 1.5 and remove 2.2.

But first solution better - from 1.5 to 2.2.

sorry for my english