Training Missions in NTTR

pngflyer

Thanks baltic dragon. The final training mission works great ! Can't wait for the full campaign.

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

Tried the final trianing misison..as always, perfect. This is what's needed right before the red flag. I remember jumping in and being a bit confused previously. Eases the pilot right in with the flight and shows you how to proceed with instructions. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it and they should do your training misisons beforehand.

Day 1 purchase from me for the red flag..waiting on ED now to finish up and release it. Thanks for all your work and allowing me to test the campaign. I don't remember which misisons I had voice overs for so it will be exciting to see once the campaign is out.

We need to clone you so we can have more trianing/misisons of your caliber :)

Can't wait for the iron flag A10C and harrier training once the systems get complete..hopefully sooner than later.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Tried the final trianing misison..as always, perfect. This is what's needed right before the red flag. I remember jumping in and being a bit confused previously. Eases the pilot right in with the flight and shows you how to proceed with instructions. I'm sure everyone will appreciate it and they should do your training misisons beforehand.

Day 1 purchase from me for the red flag..waiting on ED now to finish up and release it. Thanks for all your work and allowing me to test the campaign. I don't remember which misisons I had voice overs for so it will be exciting to see once the campaign is out.

We need to clone you so we can have more trianing/misisons of your caliber :)

Can't wait for the iron flag A10C and harrier training once the systems get complete..hopefully sooner than later.

Thanks a lot for your kind words and all the support with the Red Flag and other projects! Hope it will be out soon!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 2 weeks later...

wow ... what a first look ... amazing ...

i will wait with best feelings for the red flag campaign :thumbup:

but i am a cockpit pilot and i need so many keys for all the radio presets :music_whistling:

it will be time that we could get clockwise and counterclockwise keybindings :)

Edit asks:

is there no native communication with tower (like in SP in DCS) necessary ?

i could not get a communication with the tower (F-Keys-menu)

Edited by caponi

too much ...

Hey!

No native comms with tower, it is strongly discouraged as some of the triggers are based on your interaction with ground, tower, approach etc. using player input (usually Space Bar).

You will rarely use F10 for that, rather a space bar. Make sure you are on a correct freq and follow on-screen instructions and you should be fine! Oh, and unbind Space Bar from trigger.

yes Sir !

i have a second try last night...

in this case i could follow the instructions better :thumbup:

i play with subtitles (i have to practice hearing english :)) so i am a little bit busy with reading all these instructions ...

and as i should return to WP3 i was wondering that my colleagues fly away or my INS alignment was bad ... :music_whistling:

the mission is complex in instruction behaviours ... so i feel i was not alone in the theatre :thumbup:

the campaign is bought :smilewink:

Thx for this great work :)

and ...

normally my keyboard is useless, because all keybindings are on USB hardware ...

and i say it again ...

we need more CW and CCW keybindings for radio channels and frequencies (and many other functions) .... throwing it to Razbam !

for example: i have programed 40 direct keys only to UHF and U/VHF radio presets !

that is the wrong way ... for all they could not handle mouse and TrackIR at the same time :) like me

Edited by caponi

too much ...

Hi zionid, I just ran the Red Flag training and the space bar works for me in the first couple of instances. Which means that perhaps something is not right on your end OR I had it wrong all along and SPACE BAR needs to be assigned to fire to work... could you check if that will do the trick?

I did not work. But I had something strange happen: Spacebar work fine (as you can see) outside DCS. But in the DCS controls menu, it was not recognized. (All other button recognized) I chose spacebar from the roll down menu to "fire/relase weapon" but no dice. Also tried to two "fire" buttons on my hotas, but still nothing. Strange.

I did not work. But I had something strange happen: Spacebar work fine (as you can see) outside DCS. But in the DCS controls menu, it was not recognized. (All other button recognized) I chose spacebar from the roll down menu to "fire/relase weapon" but no dice. Also tried to two "fire" buttons on my hotas, but still nothing. Strange.
You may need to clear your bindings and rebind them all. I never made any changes and spacebar worked for me. I use a Warthog set which had most keys already bound at least for the A10. Spacebar was bound to fire the gun before though.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Minor error in NTTR Training Mission 01: Start Up.

The tutorial text and narration tells the player to select 6 / East when setting the aircraft's latitude. According to the kneeboard, the F10 view, and my poor knowledge of geography, however, the correct setting should be 4 / West.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...

Having fun with them.

One thing, with the intro to the ins mission it seems the lat/long for the Hoover Dam is way off. The imputed waypoint is on the other side of the lake.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

INS here isnt very accurate (yet, with drift off too), you can do also update procedure of waypoint by landmark.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

INS here isnt very accurate (yet, with drift off too), you can do also update procedure of waypoint by landmark.

This is the ins update part of the mission. In the caucasus map mission the entered waypoint is near the bridge you use to update, which makes sense. In the new one the entered waypoint is 9 miles away across the lake from the dam.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

This is the ins update part of the mission. In the caucasus map mission the entered waypoint is near the bridge you use to update, which makes sense. In the new one the entered waypoint is 9 miles away across the lake from the dam.

Hey, I found I have updated the VO but forgot to add it to the mission :) will fix it ASAP

Hi, i've downloaded the NTTR Mission 10 and copied it in the training missions folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Mods\aircraft\M-2000C\Missions\Training) but it doesn't appear in the game, whereas all other training missions in this folder appear in the game (caucasus and NTTR).

Not sure if i missed something....:huh:

Hey! It should work out of the box if you are on Open Beta. If you're on stable, then just run it as a separate mission, should work!

I'm on stable and indeed it works fine when run as separate mission

Thanks Baltic :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

Updated Green Radio problem

Hey! It should work out of the box if you are on Open Beta. If you're on stable, then just run it as a separate mission, should work!

Hi,

I just purchased the M2K, and I am considering getting the Red Flag campaign. I still need to learn the Mirage, but I have seen already in the first Training that the 'green' radio has been replaced (in the latest update?) with a new type of radio without PAL or PAL+ setting.

Will this have influence on the working of the campaigns/missions?

Hi Eric. I have already updated the stock campaign and IIRC the radio change should not affect the Red Flag, but I will be updating it in the next two weeks anyway (for instance to temovr some dialogue lines where pilots complain they don’t have the NVGs) :) so even if something is affected it will be updated soon.

Hi Eric. I have already updated the stock campaign and IIRC the radio change should not affect the Red Flag, but I will be updating it in the next two weeks anyway (for instance to temovr some dialogue lines where pilots complain they don’t have the NVGs) :) so even if something is affected it will be updated soon.

Thanks for your quick reply. I guess you look into the training missions as well, just to be sure.