It just might be possible to allow custom terrain textures with IC enabled.

Mustang

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck with this server command in serverSettings.lua (in Saved Games\DCS\Config)

["require_pure_textures"] = true,

according to how I understand this, if you set this command to false it *should* allow clients to use custom terrain textures while having overall IC check enabled on the server.

FYI The 104th server currently has this setting on ["require_pure_textures"] = false but still blocks clients using their own terrain textures, also an entry can be seen in the dcs.log file:

05777.033 INFO NET: player 30 kicked ERR_TAINTED_CLIENT (code: 103): Pure client textures are required

Edited by Mustang

is IC on when you have this parameter set ?

Yes it is that's the whole point, IC covers everything else but custom terrain textures can be used when require_pure_textures is set to false, it *should* function but for some reason doesn't.

Edited by Mustang

Well we had this dicussion for a while - you remember. But ED never moved in that direction (you know this odd cheating stuff :-) ). All statements were: this is cheating...and....2.5 is imminent.

I desperately miss your texture set.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Well with custom textures there is easy to cheat, just made all plain white etc.. and spotting is easy after that. So IC is must for pvp games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well with custom textures there is easy to cheat, just made all plain white etc.. and spotting is easy after that. So IC is must for pvp games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there any evidence of this or just hearsay? Shame that a tiny bit of paranoia ruins it for the majority.

Anyways I don't want this thread to disolve into a for or against mods thread, the 104th want terrain mods to be usable in our server and a solution to the serverSettings.cfg commands in the first post in the aim.

Edited by Mustang

No one's interested in using terrain texture mods in IC enabled servers then?

It would be awesome if this actually worked, it would be nice to give the old texture packs a good run before the onset of 2.5.

No because they can be potential cheats. One can make terrain with unnatural colours which would make spotting easier and track targets before they even see him.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

No because they can be potential cheats. One can make terrain with unnatural colours which would make spotting easier and track targets before they even see him.

Solty,

I got your point but let me ask a question: Why would someone do that? To fake his statistics and getting rewarded by James Mattis or POTUS himself? (sorry). I am a 49 year old" hard core simmer" and really don´t care about statistics - that is to my opinion a bit childish isn´t it? You may if you wish but thats your way then - I don´t judge it.

If you colour DCS in a total unrealistic way where´s the fun....? Gone of course.

But that´s not 104th point. They - as the server admin/Owner - WANT THEIR (!!) server with custom terrain mod (which is no cheating by any way if you ever flew with it you´ll know). So why is ED deciding that 104th is not allowed to use terrain mods? Or does ED reward users for their statistics? Mustang is totally correct with his statements and if someone is in fear that flying on 104th may ruin his/her statitics because they use custom terrain...well...he/she may fly on a different server.

Just my 2 cents.

All a Merry christmas and hopefully 2.5 soon :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

I quite miss the texture mods. As I fly in 4K, and scaling has never been properly addressed, it was nice to at least have a much better visual experience. It really should be up to the server owner to decide what they want to allow on their server.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

• 3 weeks later...