Ka-50 Tutorial

Pac-Man

This will be the first course for the Ka-50 Blackshark. We will go around the cockpit and identify all of the instruments. This is kind of a long one but there's a lot of information.

Hope you like it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Nice video! Here's some feedback for future videos:

1. Skip the 30-second intro, everyone's just going to skip it anyway. If you must have one, follow what the big YouTube channels do and start with something catchy that summarizes the video's contents, then play a short intro that's no more than 5 seconds. I would just cut it out entirely though, as most people find it boring and a waste of time.

2. You should turn up your microphone volume or increase the gain, right now it's too low compared to most other videos and even your intro.

3. For the first 2 minutes, you fall into what I call "shoot the shit" mode. This is fine if you're streaming on Twitch, but for a tutorial video, it's information that's not relevant to what the video is about. Likewise, up until 4:40 or so, you're in "cover my ass" mode where you tell us that the video is not comprehensive, but the vast majority of people innately know that a 30-minute video won't make them an expert.

4. Since the spoken language is English, you should use an English cockpit mod. For someone who's unfamiliar with the aircraft, it's much easier to read English labels while listening to an English speaker.

5. I recommend that you speed up the video in post. Watching it on 1.5x speed sounds perfectly fine, which indicates that you can deliver the same amount of information in a shorter timeframe.

6. The video's title is "Basic Fundamentals", but for the majority of gauges and switches, you only say its name before moving on. I feel that this doesn't really cover the "basic fundamentals", but is rather more of a cockpit overview; useful as a refresher for someone familiar with the aircraft, but not very helpful for someone new, since all they're getting is "this is <insert unfamiliar name here>" over and over.

• 4 weeks later...