Red Flag Training Missions - F/A-18C

7 hours ago, beppe_goodoldrebel said:

It's been a while since the last time I flew it. 
I guess it's all working but is not really up to date with the new F18 capabilities , but you can edit your loadout before taxing so no big deal. 

Yeah I flew a few missions. Seems to be working pretty well for me! 

Any plans for more realistic NTTR missions? 

13 hours ago, CommandT said:

Yeah I flew a few missions. Seems to be working pretty well for me! 

Any plans for more realistic NTTR missions? 

the last mission should be realistic enough! 🙂 

Plans were to make a credible red Flag environment as a base for more complex missions.
In fact i studied a whole new ATC system to get all Blue and Red forces a massive launch from Nellis and an clean and ordered return from the mission for all. 
Problem is DCS AI is so hard to manage and costant updates really tend to make them unpredictable , that leads to make missions really hard to mantain in the long time. 

I stopped working on it a year ago. 

I'll surely return on this campaign ( and other modules versions ) to fix bugs , update to new capabilities and maybe add something new.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/15/2020 at 11:40 AM, beppe_goodoldrebel said:

the last mission should be realistic enough! 🙂 

Plans were to make a credible red Flag environment as a base for more complex missions.
In fact i studied a whole new ATC system to get all Blue and Red forces a massive launch from Nellis and an clean and ordered return from the mission for all. 
Problem is DCS AI is so hard to manage and costant updates really tend to make them unpredictable , that leads to make missions really hard to mantain in the long time. 

I stopped working on it a year ago. 

I'll surely return on this campaign ( and other modules versions ) to fix bugs , update to new capabilities and maybe add something new.

That would be great. I agree. The AI is the Achilles heal of DCS. It boggles the mind they haven't put a lot of effort in making them operate in a predictable and realistic fashion. I don't mean for dogfighting - just normal flying/ taxiing/ takeoff/ landing/ holding. They are just awful. I really hope ED realises how much of an immersion breaker stupid AI can be. Especially when they defy the laws of physics 😞 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hey! Great set of missions! Just wondering if it's intentional in Mission 4 (AAR and BFM Training) and Mission 5 (ACM Training) that weapons don't work? Mission 4 says guns only but it seems enemy has guns + my AI wingman has guns and I have nothing (or pulling the trigger does nothing). I get into a kill slot behind Bandit, shoot cue and just follow around until Bingo. Most of the time the AI wingman is useless and then it becomes a 2 v 1 and I end up defensive until I run out of fuel (and I did refuel before the BFM). Is that how the missions are supposed to work?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2021 at 11:11 PM, Shlee said:

Hey! Great set of missions! Just wondering if it's intentional in Mission 4 (AAR and BFM Training) and Mission 5 (ACM Training) that weapons don't work? Mission 4 says guns only but it seems enemy has guns + my AI wingman has guns and I have nothing (or pulling the trigger does nothing). I get into a kill slot behind Bandit, shoot cue and just follow around until Bingo. Most of the time the AI wingman is useless and then it becomes a 2 v 1 and I end up defensive until I run out of fuel (and I did refuel before the BFM). Is that how the missions are supposed to work?

Hi! I'm checking all missions right now, i'll have a look on that too. 
In any case it's better that you command your wingman to engage bandits, i dont think it will do it without that order.

In that mission I've found that COMM2 CH1 was on another radio freq , not the the right one (377.8 AM Blackjack). 
I've fixed the trigger that broke the night mission and i'm also updating loadouts since the F18 is more complete now. 

i think I can upload the updated version by the end of the week.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel
  • Like 1