Red Flag Training Missions - F/A-18C

Coming this week...

Fantastic mission but I like to know if there is a way to turn down the radio chattering. The chattering kind of got in the way of my concentration during those heated moments of combat. My wingman's calls was difficult to get with the life radio talk in the background.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Fantastic mission but I like to know if there is a way to turn down the radio chattering. The chattering kind of got in the way of my concentration during those heated moments of combat. My wingman's calls was difficult to get with the life radio talk in the background.

In this video I was trying to transmit over Guard freq. ( 243.000 ) some Red Flag radio chatter , so you can just push GRCV on radio UFC to just stop the receiving.

Problem is DCS has bugs with overlapping radio messages, sometimes when you transmit order to ATC , Flight , AWACS or tanker it mutes other freq.

I'll definitely not include Guard freq. in the final release.

In this video I was trying to transmit over Guard freq. ( 243.000 ) some Red Flag radio chatter , so you can just push GRCV on radio UFC to just stop the receiving.

Problem is DCS has bugs with overlapping radio messages, sometimes when you transmit order to ATC , Flight , AWACS or tanker it mutes other freq.

I'll definitely not include Guard freq. in the final release.

Thanks

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Hi;

Great missions, very immersive!:)

For an unknown reason I have tried several times the JTAC training but my GBU12 were unable to track the laser beam, any idea? :unsure:

Will try it later.

Be sure to move from east to west and get the "cleared hot" call before release the GBU.

Edited by beppe_goodoldrebel

NEW UPDATE!

ADDED:

- CAMPAIGN VERSION INCLUDED ( landing will let you move to next mission).

- NEW SEAD TRAINING MISSION:

Day 3 - Sead Training

Support Uzi1 and Enfield 1 for a surprise attack on Red Forces. Test yourself in your first package mission!

FIXED:

- added 10 db to all voice overs to be more audible.

Notes on Sead mission:

The mission has 88 voice overs. I've had some problems earing some of that, specifically the ones during the attack.

I've decided to maintain some Messages as a simple fix to that and to let player keep situational awareness on package orders.

Anyway , this is a very immersive mission , all package flights has their ATC fully scripted , they also check in and check out with Blackjack over Sally Corridor.

I suggest all to switch between radio freqs to ear all of them.

This mission is the base of many future Red Flag missions I have in mind!

51311617_10215937070053705_4600389794877407232_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=8401a6cb4a23557b0f960179e6a8ad41&oe=5CB639D3

Make sure you are using the right comm menu.

In this case , on top of the menu , you have to read "COMM2: ARC120" , otherwise you cant contact JTAC.

If not check your keybinding for COMM1 and COMM2 on HOTAS.

well, I'm not using HOTAS but I click with the mouse on COMM2 button... every frequency is working well ATIS, Tower, etc... selecting the channel and space I got the right communications. Passing waypoint 2 and turning to the TGT it tells me to switch to CH9 on COMM2 and I did it ...then I go to the communications menù to contact the JTAC and I hear my voice but no answer by the JTAC on the ground.... what I'm doing wrong? I made the F-18 mission to employ the GPU's and JTAC with no issues... but here I can't have his reply....

well, I'm not using HOTAS but I click with the mouse on COMM2 button... every frequency is working well ATIS, Tower, etc... selecting the channel and space I got the right communications. Passing waypoint 2 and turning to the TGT it tells me to switch to CH9 on COMM2 and I did it ...then I go to the communications menù to contact the JTAC and I hear my voice but no answer by the JTAC on the ground.... what I'm doing wrong? I made the F-18 mission to employ the GPU's and JTAC with no issues... but here I can't have his reply....

In the F18 controls , search for "COMM Switch - COMM1" and "COMM Switch - COMM2" they are in the HOTAS section.

Once selected the right freq on COMM2 in the UFC you have to push "COMM Switch - COMM2" to open the right radio menu.

It would be great to have the kneeboard timeline in zulu time in order to match the plane's HSI or HUD indications.
+1

I have questions for you guys.

- what's your favourite mission?

- do you have any suggestion to improve some missions?

- do you have some ideas for new missions?

Generaly speeking I would say:

-More in depth brieffings with kneeboards more detailed (indicated time for startup, taxi, take off, etc like in the M2000C REDFLAG campaign... )

-Use of a BULLSEYE that we can set up on a A/A waypoint.

-More different planes/helicopters involved in more important packages.

I would suggest: an airbase attack

a CAS involved in a tank battle

a CAS for a SAR Helicopter mission.

:smilewink:

Hi guys! I'm currently working on replayability of missions.

I'm adding random events so mission can be played everytime at different difficulty.

In particular on BFM , ACM and BVR missions I'm working on enemy approach on FEBA ( different altitude , different AI skills , different radar behavior ).

This work will be crucial for the upincoming F-14B DACT campaign I want to work on after the mighty Tomcat will be released.

Quick update!

ADDED:

- realistic Modex numbers

- some random triggers in many missions ( good luck :) )

- BFM , ACM and BVR missions : now Springfield 1 randomly approach FEBA at variable altitude , radar mode ,formation and skill.

FIXED:

- triggers in NTTR fam and Formation training mission

- ATIS now works before contact approach

Well , I need a break... why not a good CSAR mission in the Red Flag? :)

52846929_10216005683048987_214235635899170816_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=f41abc9011ff4d38665194333837e4e6&oe=5CDAEAD5

Just downloaded this, and it looks great!

One trivial question though, is it possible to put some kind of mission success message in? Or a score?

Only tried the first mission, but it would be good to get some sort of indication of success - or failure more likely!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box