Autopilot

dAsReLiCT

Hey guys,

I have a question according to the post-start pilot Chklst (Navair 01-F14AAP-1B page 231) is to put the autopilot on Engage, I have found nothing in the other Chklsts that you do not disable the autopilot in flight. Is that correct?

greetings

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling:

I noticed this as well...the HB checklist says the same. It doesn't make sense to me though because when you set the autopilot engage switch to on, it engages the attitude hold. With it on in normal flight, you would be constantly fighting the autopilot.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

You can set the auto pilot options and then engage it with the nosewheel steering button

Attitude hold is engaged by just switching the autopilot engage switch to on...no need to depress the NWS button. NWS button is used to engage the three autopilot modes as selected.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Attitude hold is engaged by just switching the autopilot engage switch to on...no need to depress the NWS button. NWS button is used to engage the three autopilot modes as selected.

I think if the autopilot is engage without any opiton alt, hdg the plane is stabilized but not that it keeps the altitude or the heading

Edited by dAsReLiCT

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling:

I think if the autopilot is engage the plane is stabilized but not that it keeps the altitude

Nobody mentioned the altitude hold.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Nobody mentioned the altitude hold.

check the post below!

I noticed this as well...the HB checklist says the same. It doesn't make sense to me though because when you set the autopilot engage switch to on, it engages the attitude hold. With it on in normal flight, you would be constantly fighting the autopilot.