Interrogating bogeys

Direwolf

I'm sorry for the translation, but what I want to say is that you need to add a button on the keyboard or on your stick to the sensor, since it is not added to any commands.

You Sr. made the right "binb" command to any key.

I have already been able to interrogate up to 5mn, but at this distance it has to be very fast, the Russian aircraft already use the automatic IFF. (Same as F-15)

The command "Sensor Depress" does not make a noise nor alert it is a command Silence, if the interrogated airplane is enemy it will only appear in red in the AMPCD, remembering in the Radar A2A Scan you can not select the target to later press the "Sensor Depress "you just have to put the two bars in the middle of the" - "(target to be interrogated).

It would look like this on the radar screen: | - | then yes you press the Sensor Depress, only then you catch the target if you need.

= P.Carrasco | Keep Flying | =

See you in the skies!

"Soldier give me a handshake"

Edited by Chacina

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

I have been here numerous time, but I think I have figure why I can't ( IFF ). It's not turning on. Any ideas? Same results on ground and in the air. Yes I have tried repair.

GOT IT working:)

Edited by FOXFIRE TWOONE

Intel core I9 10900K 3.7 ghz

Asrock Z490 Extreme4

G-SKill Ripjaws V 32GB

Cooler Master 120m

GTX 980 Superclocked

Corsair AX850w psu

Samsung 1 T M.2 2 X 850 ssd's

Sony 48 in HD TV

Trackir 5

Hotas Warthog F/A-18C Hornet Grip

Logitech Pro Peddles

Windows 10 64

I fixed it, after some try and error. The problem was in the key chosen by DCS to emulate Sensor Depress. I changed the key (choose another one, not used by any command), and it worked. Now I can IFF the bogeys, and get as ID on SA page (friend or foe), but I still don´t see that line coming from the bottom of Radar towards the contact, that is shown in many videos. It doesn´t matter, I can at least ID the contacts.

So, my problem was the key combination selected by DCS, to emulate Sensor Depress.

I fixed it, after some try and error. The problem was in the key chosen by DCS to emulate Sensor Depress. I changed the key (choose another one, not used by any command), and it worked. Now I can IFF the bogeys, and get as ID on SA page (friend or foe), but I still don´t see that line coming from the bottom of Radar towards the contact, that is shown in many videos. It doesn´t matter, I can at least ID the contacts.

So, my problem was the key combination selected by DCS, to emulate Sensor Depress.

Pretty sure mine was blank by default and DCS didn’t default a key press...

I don't see that line either.

i7 - 9700k | EVGA 1080Ti | 32 DDR4 RAM | 750w PS | TM Warthog HOTAS/X-55 | Track IR 5 |

The problem with the early access hornet until our next update is this: In WVR close combat, air combat modes no longer give IFF indications in the HUD... a real deal breaker.

ACM is no time to be looking down/fiddling with the SA page...

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Also make sure you have NCTR on in radar page bpttom right .

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

Also make sure you have NCTR on in radar page bpttom right .

Sure! But that´s for ID the contact thru radar, not IFF. If the contact is in the right position, the radar can ID the signature of the plane, like turbine fans. Using IFF you send a signal and receive (or not) an answer. IFF only identifies if the contact is friend (there is an answer), or unknown (no answer).

Thru radar you can identify the plane, so you know if it is friend, foe, or neither of the two alternatives.

Edited by Direwolf

I must admit I rarely use the 18 currently. For one because of the Tomcat but also due to air to air issues. It was a lot more fun when we had the unrealistic stop gap of simple Auto IFF.

Quick engagement on air targets is simply impossible or in best case feels retarded.

Funny thing is, they want to implement a realistic auto IFF, so where is the difference between that and what we had before manual IFF? Especially in WVR, what we had was gold and honestly I expect a modern combat machine (even the Legacy 18 ) to be able to auto IFF everytime. Manual IFF sounds obsolete to me but this is pure sim fighter experience and by no means do i have the right nor knowledge to criticize real avionics and/or electronics.

But feel free to enlighten me.

Edited by TheSauvaaage

• ED Team
I must admit I rarely use the 18 currently. For one because of the Tomcat but also due to air to air issues. It was a lot more fun when we had the unrealistic stop gap of simple Auto IFF.

Quick engagement on air targets is simply impossible or in best case feels retarded.

Funny thing is, they want to implement a realistic auto IFF, so where is the difference between that and what we had before manual IFF? Especially in WVR, what we had was gold and honestly I expect a modern combat machine (even the Legacy 18 ) to be able to auto IFF everytime. Manual IFF sounds obsolete to me but this is pure sim fighter experience and by no means do i have the right nor knowledge to criticize real avionics and/or electronics.

But feel free to enlighten me.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3847832&postcount=144

• ED Team
The problem with the early access hornet until our next update is this: In WVR close combat, air combat modes no longer give IFF indications in the HUD... a real deal breaker.

ACM is no time to be looking down/fiddling with the SA page...

Fixed for the OB next week.

As well as FF acting as another supporting IFF identification element. So:

Friendy ID = just need Mode 4

Hostile = 1- Mode 4 and SURV, or 2- Mode 4 and FF, or 3- Mode 4 and NCTR.

Thanks

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks, Matt, for all your passion and hard work! Question for you or someone with more time on their hands: :-)

Is Mode 4 just a selection of the UFC that is 'on' once turned on and only 'off' once turned off? (i.e. - On the UFC, I press "IFF," then "on," then select "Mode 4" menu button option)

Thanks, again!

• ED Team
Awesome! Thanks, Matt, for all your passion and hard work! Question for you or someone with more time on their hands: :-)

Is Mode 4 just a selection of the UFC that is 'on' once turned on and only 'off' once turned off? (i.e. - On the UFC, I press "IFF," then "on," then select "Mode 4" menu button option)

Thanks, again!

Yes, all you have to do is make sure IFF is "ON". Later we plan to add specific frequency selections. But, this will be a much more complex task as it will also require a rather large update to the AI logic to account for sqawks.

Thanks

Thanks

Very cool. Are these criteria fixed? i.e. If you are fighting an enemy equiped with F16s, I guess that means Mode 4 will be negative (e.g. foe) and NCTR will indicate an F16 (a potentially friendly airframe). Does this mean it will remain unkown or will it assume hostile? I guess a rephrase, is the NCTR ROE logic airframe specific?

Can’t wait for proper ID’s (set in pit) in our missions. Our controllers get a much bigger and unnecessary workload now. I’m loving every OB now with all the new awesome features. Not loving the hotfixes but I guess you guys can only have so many testers.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Yes, all you have to do is make sure IFF is "ON". Later we plan to add specific frequency selections. But, this will be a much more complex task as it will also require a rather large update to the AI logic to account for sqawks.

Thanks

Thanks, Matt. :thumbup:

Yes Sir, and thanks for the response :)

I already read that. I was just saying that for me personally, the current status of how to engage and id an air to air target is less fun than it was before and makes me feel like a limping donkey:D

I am really looking forward to the auto IFF. And although I currently love the Cat for her character and flight dynamics, being new, a two-seater and the most iconic jet, overall I still prefer the 18 as it is a more modern, more versatile, more polished bird and generally my favorite weapon system since I was a pre-teen lol

The only real competition for me could be the upcoming F-16 ;)

Thanks Wags!

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals