E Bracket and NWS & Jester - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 11:54 PM   #1
bonesvf103

Default E Bracket and NWS & Jester

So I noticed on my traps that the E bracket is high and the VV is low, but my AOA indexer shows I'm on the donut. What gives?

Also after the trap, I hit NWS and idoesn't seem to kick in until after a minute or two. Do I have to have the wingsweep cover up and the wingsweep handle extended 1st or something?

If you use TrackIR for Jester commands, how do you initiate them after selecting them?

v6,
boNes
Old 03-15-2019, 12:30 AM   #2
Victory205

Use the AOA indexer, not the E bracket. The latter was useless and may behave too smoothly right now in the sim.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:33 AM   #3
bonesvf103

Yeah I noticed that the AOA indexer brings me right where I need to be on the deck. Is that a bug with the E bracket?

v6,
boNes
Old 03-15-2019, 12:48 AM   #4
Victory205

No, the E bracket didn't work worth a flip in the aircraft. It jumped around and jittered, and updated too slowly to be of use.

Everyone I know turned the HUD off, or way down in brightness for a backup attitude only. Sometimes the VDI would overheat and go blank, just when you didn't need that to happen!

I'd like Heatblur to make it behave worse, which will make all of you Hornet bubbas happy, right?
Old 03-15-2019, 05:42 PM   #5
Naquaii

The E bracket isn't referenced to the TVV in the F-14, it's referenced to the aircraft wings symbol.
Naquaii is offline   Reply With Quote