P51 Vet forgot some small things since it's been a while

redmantab

This may sound funny but I can't remember why my flaps aren't raising all the way up. I have my RPMs up high my throttle up high even when I'm in Flight I can't get my flaps to raise all the way up. I'm using the correct control I've been doing this for quite some time but I do remember for some reason this was a problem before also and it was some silly little thing I forgot to do or something like that to make my flaps raise all the way up. Please advise.

Secondly well I'm here can someone quickly remind me what to do to get the supercharger to turn on? I forget don't you have to be at 20000 plus feet or something?

#1 Stumped. No idea why your flaps behave that way, mine work 100% OK.

#2 IIRC the blower switches automatically above 20000ft ASL, no need for you to do anything.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

#1 Most likely you over sped the flaps causing damage which is preventing them from moving/closing all the way. Another possibility is the Landing Gear Fairing Door Emergency Release Handle has been pulled causing no hydraulic pressure.

#2 In normal operations, high blower mode starts automatically from 14,500 to 19,500 feet, depending on the amount of ram air being delivered through the carburetor. The supercharger can be controlled manually by a switch on the instrument panel (Left of the fuel booster switch) The switch has three positions – AUTOMATIC, LOW, and HIGH.

Edited by Mike Busutil