Cold-Start Tutorial doesn't progress

Have tried repeatedly now but each time I get to 'turn on the VHF NAV-COMM radio' it hangs there. I've tried holding the click for a few seconds to see if that registers or pressing space bar but nothing happening.

Guess I'll just have to watch Youtube videos to learn! Which is kinda sad...

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Never mind that! For anyone else who has this problem.. just turn the knob to on then scroll through the frequencies. Odd as he never says to change the frequency....

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 1 month later...

Same issue, it halts at the prompt for turning the VHF radio on.

This is with Open Beta 2.5.2.18736

It halted for me with the ARN-82 at power on selection, I could get the tutor to continue lessons by dialling the freq' from 107.00 to 108.00.

It halted again with power on for ARC-134, I messed with the freq, going all the way up and down and for whatever reason it finally started to progress when I'd put in 120.00, though reset it to 118.00

I think the frequency is arbitrary of course, just for whatever reason; messing with the knob gets the tutorial to progress, else I'm stuck at "now power on the VHF..." step.

Edited by ouPhrontis
investigating

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Gets chucks guide to the huey can find link in guides and tutorials I think the forum is called its in the input/output area

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 5 months later...

Huey tutorial stuck at radio - SOLVED

Hey all, still very new to DCS so the learning curve is pretty massive just now but thankfully you lot are here to guide us noobs.

Anyhoo, I had the exact same issues as above while on the stable 2.5.3 version. However I managed to get through the tutorial by adjusting the freq from 106 to 108 on the ARN-82 and then after it started working again it stopped straight after switching on the ARC-134 but moving the freq up from 116(I think it was) to 126 the tutorial kicked back in. :thumbup:

New huey pilot, Just bought with Summer Sales, same problem in open beta.

What frequency? I already moved frequency but still locked.

First turn on, then move freq? What frequency?

Thanks

Frequency doesn't matter, you just have to use the frequency selector as it was the on / off switch for the radio, from memory you just toggle it one way then the other, this is for the first and second radios only, the third works as advertized, this bug has been reported.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215887

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.