Hey Mates

Up in front my PC specs

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti

CPU: AMD R 7 3700X

RAM: 32 GB

WIN 10

DCS installed via Steam

Now to the Issue

When i run DCS in VR i hit constantly around 40 FPS with a GPU usage of around 50 to 60% which is not a lot

And at locations like Nellis AFB(Nevada) and Dubai(Golf) it completly brokes down to around 10 to 20 FPS and GPU usage of 20 to 30%...

Yesterday i turned the Leagcy Reprojection Mode in the SteamVr settings on... my FPS jump up to 80 and the GPU usage did get up to around 60 to 90%.... BUT if got wierred stutters in Game...

CPU had a normal use rate and in other Games my GPU is doing a great job.

so its no Bottleneck

DCS settings didnt effect the Performence at all...

Can someone Help me with this issue pls?

Thanks up in front

SkY-_

What we need to know is, your custom resolution setting in SteamVR/settings/video tab. In game Pixel Density if above 1.0. Is MSAA on? Are shadows on? What version of SteamVR are you using, beta or stable? Which Nvidia driver. Your system should run DCS fine once your settings are sorted out.

Do not run legacy reprojection for DCS. Motion Smoothing works fine and you need it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Tested with resolution setting from 60 to 150 and Auto while 60 looks crap

Ingame Pixel Density with 1.0 1.1 1.2

MSAA off tested in 4x times no FPS difference

Shadows didnt make any difference in my tests

Steam Vr test both while the Beta did improve the FPS by 3 to 4

Current Beta

DCS tested it in stable and beta

Current Beta (whats improved the stability of the Game but not the huge drops)

at Nellis low FPS are now more stable at 20 to 23 FPS and GPU use around 30%

in flight it runs now stable at 45 FPS with GPU usage of 50 to 60% with drops when i come near Citys or the Stennis whats a problem cause i fligh most of the time the Hornet... :/ )

Nvidia driver 441.41 (current driver)

Edited by SkYwAlK3R-_

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Tested with resolution setting from 60 to 150 and Auto while 60 looks crap

Ingame Pixel Density with 1.0 1.1 1.2

MSAA off tested in 4x times no FPS difference

Shadows didnt make any difference in my tests

Steam Vr test both while the Beta did improve the FPS by 3 to 4

Current Beta

DCS tested it in stable and beta

Current Beta (whats improved the stability of the Game but not the huge drops)

at Nellis low FPS are now more stable at 20 to 23 FPS and GPU use around 30%

in flight it runs now stable at 45 FPS with GPU usage of 50 to 60% with drops when i come near Citys or the Stennis whats a problem cause i fligh most of the time the Hornet... :/ )

Nvidia driver 441.41 (current driver)

These settings should work for you based on your system.... sort of.. lol. I don't have any current experience with AMD boards and processors and therefore can't tell you what to do to increase CPU usage. Yours does seem low.

First, don't go any lower than 100% custom resolution. With that in mind start with these settings:

Custom Resolution 188%

Motion Smoothing On

That's it for SteamVR, leave everything else at 100%.

In Game DCS

Pixel Density 1.0

Textures High

Terrain Textures High

Civil Traffic off

Water High

Visibility High

Shadows off

Motion Blur off

MFD resolution 1024

Everything else on the left column off.

Grass clutter off

Trees 70%

Preload 130000

Chimney smoke off

Gamma whatever looks best

Terrain shadows off

Cockpit Global lighting off

Anisotropic Filtering 16X

Rain droplets on

Other than I use 204% for custom resolution those are my settings. I will still drop down to 30 occasionally on a busy server and also on a very busy single player mission when low to the the ground. That's not going to go away completely unless you're ok with the graphics looking like a potato.

If these don't work well. Drop custom resolution to 168% but any lower and I'd suggest a different route. If that still doesn't work, set custom resolution to 100% and set in game Pixel Density to 1.3 to start. See how that looks and performs and modify up or down on PD depending on the results. Leave all other settings where they are when testing differences in custom resolution and pixel density.

If none of that works I would suggest talking to an experienced AMD person to see why your processor is being under utilized.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

These settings should work for you based on your system.... sort of.. lol. I don't have any current experience with AMD boards and processors and therefore can't tell you what to do to increase CPU usage. Yours does seem low.

First, don't go any lower than 100% custom resolution. With that in mind start with these settings:

Custom Resolution 188%

Motion Smoothing On

That's it for SteamVR, leave everything else at 100%.

In Game DCS

Pixel Density 1.0

Textures High

Terrain Textures High

Civil Traffic off

Water High

Visibility High

Shadows off

Motion Blur off

MFD resolution 1024

Everything else on the left column off.

Grass clutter off

Trees 70%

Preload 130000

Chimney smoke off

Gamma whatever looks best

Terrain shadows off

Cockpit Global lighting off

Anisotropic Filtering 16X

Rain droplets on

Other than I use 204% for custom resolution those are my settings. I will still drop down to 30 occasionally on a busy server and also on a very busy single player mission when low to the the ground. That's not going to go away completely unless you're ok with the graphics looking like a potato.

If these don't work well. Drop custom resolution to 168% but any lower and I'd suggest a different route. If that still doesn't work, set custom resolution to 100% and set in game Pixel Density to 1.3 to start. See how that looks and performs and modify up or down on PD depending on the results. Leave all other settings where they are when testing differences in custom resolution and pixel density.

If none of that works I would suggest talking to an experienced AMD person to see why your processor is being under utilized.

so I got the FPS more stable and i look now in to youre settings for the best experence.

I report later thank you for the help

I think this had a good effect on my rig as well. Both Round Table and Snowfox flew smoother.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]