2070 laptop vr

The problem is heat, make sure it's very well well ventilated. DCS can / will max out your hardware on any pc. There are post around here somewhere with having their Laptops throttle back / stutters etc.

I would only go this way if I had no choice, moving around job etc.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I wouldn't mind having a desktop with 2070 for rift S I guess, just wondering if the laptop version would be equal or close

The notebook 2070 is somewhat more gimped than the previous generation, plus of course, the CPU in a desktop will have higher clocks.

https://www.techspot.com/article/1849-desktop-vs-laptop-gaming-performance/

If you could find a notebook with a notebook 1080 (not the Max-Q version), it would perform closer to the desktop 2070 than notebook 2070. Something like Alienware 17 R5 or HP Omen 17X.

But, since you already have a decent desktop there, it would make sense to simply replace the GPU, rather than to pay more than a double the price of that GPU for a laptop with similar performance.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Thanks for the replies. Gonna be on the road some and I'll be danged if I'm gonna live without dcs for a month.

Might be better off upgrading the GPU in my mini-itx build and lug that around

Edited by DeltaMike

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

I ran an OG rift on a 4790hq and gtx 980m

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Due to a move and a lot of travel, I ended up trading my desktop with an i7-8700k + GTX 1080 TI for a laptop with an i7-9750h + RTX 2070 (not a max-Q). The desktop could just barely manage 90 fps in VR at times (Rift CV1) but pretty much always got at least 45 fps in both DCS and IL2. The laptop can manage neither. The GPU is far short of the 1080 Ti but the real deal breaker is the CPU. The game simply is not playable in VR. At 1080p or maybe 1440 with some setting tweaks, I think it would work. But I can't go back to 2d flight sims.

Outside of DCS and IL2, the laptop runs VR just fine but most games are multi-threaded. I plan to build a new desktop when the Hind is released, but that's a pile of money I don't have right now and I'm not too eager to hop back in until we have some new choppers to play with.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

When you look at what kind of Desktop machine we need to run DCS in a pleasant manner it is almost impossible to achieve the same on a notebook without substantial compromises.

It all comes down to heat. Because of that, usually the chips used in notebooks are of a lower TDP design, even in gaming laptops. Even if they sport the full Desktop chip(s), heat will limit achievable sustained clocks. A standard DCS rig with an Intel CPU and a Ti card somewhere consumes around 300-400watt, mine i.e. needs 350w. How do you plan to dissipate that much heat from a notebook ? I am afraid there is not really an answer to this that holds real world sceanrio and stays within reasonable budget.

If I had to travel a lot again and wanted to carry a DCS rig around with me, I'd go ITX.

My ol' Dell-XPS Rucksack is a really BIG one and I think it will swallow a sleek ITX and a screen as it did allow 2-3 laptops to be stuffed into it. The big curse is the Hotas and Rudders...

It aint easy to fly DCS on the road. I have no real answer.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X