F-14 issues in Virtual reality

Dark_Slime

good evening,

First i would like to say that i love the f14, the job that has been done is incredible and you dont cease to amaze us heatblur.

Still, as the f-14 is clearly an exceptional module, it comes with some drawbacks one of which is performance. (besides loosing your social life)

I recently upgraded my computer for a decent configuration:

i5 9400f,

gtx 1660ti,

16Gb ddr4 2600Mhz,

SSD Nvme (dcs is installed in the ssd)

I encounter whatsoever no performance issue when playing on my screen.

However, i also bought an oculus rift S along with my computer and that's where things start to get a bit messy.

Most of the time it is fine, i get good framerates (even in heavy missions) and i just enjoy flying the plane.

But sometimes, the image starts to stutter A LOT. And when it starts, it does not stop for a few minutes, even if i pause the game and take a break, when i come back, the image is still stuttering.

Strange fact: when the image is stuttering, i just have to get in external view and everything comes back to normal (and obviously if i jump back in the cockpit, it stars again)

When this happenend to me i was making the plane suffer (flat spin, high g turns, high AoA, etc...)

I also dont force ultra high quality (high textures, high water, low shadows, 50% visibility for trees, no terrain shadows, high visibility and 1.0 pixel density)

If anyone knows why i am getting such sudden drops in framerate where at the last second, the game was running fine, i would listen to them with a lot of interest :)

Good night

Hey,

I get also some performances issues in F-14 in VR

I have a R9 290 + 24GB + i5-4690

It's the only plane who i get low framerate and sometimes some stuttering.

running also at 1.0 pixel density but with mediums settings.

(DCS on SSD and 3 Hard Drives for Pagefile)

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !

good evening,

First i would like to say that i love the f14, the job that has been done is incredible and you dont cease to amaze us heatblur.

Still, as the f-14 is clearly an exceptional module, it comes with some drawbacks one of which is performance. (besides loosing your social life)

I recently upgraded my computer for a decent configuration:

i5 9400f,

gtx 1660ti,

16Gb ddr4 2600Mhz,

SSD Nvme (dcs is installed in the ssd)

I encounter whatsoever no performance issue when playing on my screen.

Hi what map are you experiencing this on?

However, i also bought an oculus rift S along with my computer and that's where things start to get a bit messy.

Most of the time it is fine, i get good framerates (even in heavy missions) and i just enjoy flying the plane.

But sometimes, the image starts to stutter A LOT. And when it starts, it does not stop for a few minutes, even if i pause the game and take a break, when i come back, the image is still stuttering.

Strange fact: when the image is stuttering, i just have to get in external view and everything comes back to normal (and obviously if i jump back in the cockpit, it stars again)

When this happenend to me i was making the plane suffer (flat spin, high g turns, high AoA, etc...)

I also dont force ultra high quality (high textures, high water, low shadows, 50% visibility for trees, no terrain shadows, high visibility and 1.0 pixel density)

If anyone knows why i am getting such sudden drops in framerate where at the last second, the game was running fine, i would listen to them with a lot of interest :)

Good night

Hi what map are you experiencing this on?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Also getting performance drops, usually after a few minutes but sometimes straight away. In other planes (it still occurs but maybe one in 10 hours) I can just take the headset off for a few seconds and put it back on and it goes away, bu the F14 just stays stuttering.

To answer Westr's question, i am experiencing this on both persian gulf & causasus map. it kicks off quite randomly actually. Sometimes in combat, sometimes when i am not doing anything particular excepted pulling the stick.

Eatthis: I dont think the problem comes from ram as i am running the task manager in the background to check if that was the cause and as i was playing solo + some relatively light missions i was using only 12Gb out of the 16 i have.

i am running dcs with full debug logs activated. As soo as i will run into the issue again i will post the log here.

I have noticed my performance lately in VR on the OB is a fair bit worse lately. I believe ED are gathering data etc of the 'optimisations' for further study..

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My only issue with the F14 playing in VR is I wish they would give us a high contrast cockpit option just to help clear things up a little as it can be really hard to see what's going on especially in the RIO seat. Otherwise, with 32gb RAM and the CV1 rift I'm not having any major issues or stutters at all curently.

My only issue with the F14 playing in VR is I wish they would give us a high contrast cockpit option just to help clear things up a little as it can be really hard to see what's going on especially in the RIO seat. Otherwise, with 32gb RAM and the CV1 rift I'm not having any major issues or stutters at all curently.

There's an improved readability cockpit mod on the user files section of the website. It helps a great deal with reading labels if you havent already found it.

Not necessarily the answer you are looking for but does the job :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=238208

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

I actually prefer this Clean Label Cockpit mod as it maintains the OEM look of the font etc but just improves readability a lot.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303911/

Nothing against the Brickdust Mod, which is fine if you don't want to maintain the look/feel of the cockpit labels. Just the different font style and direction of text on panels triggers my OCD as ex-aircrew ;)

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stuttering as you describe is probably low framerate/dropped frames. Tends to be most obvious in rotation, eg turning your head or just watching the world fly by the window.

I'd suggest getting oculus tray tool, turn the HUD on to application render time, see what your CPU and GPU render times are. My prediction is that your CPU render times are OK (if not, we can fix it). More likely your GPU render times are north of 24ms cuz I kinda doubt that GPU has the oomph you're looking for.

To be clear, those two times are linked. For example if you're flying over the city, both will go up. You can mitigate that a bit by lowering your visible range, that'll bring both down. (And maybe you should, for now. Trees and shadows have similar effects.) But, I expect you'll be wanting a new GPU before it's all over with.

I agree with you on the RAM, the game is playable with 16 and going to 32 is not likely to solve your problem I don't think. Marshall your resources!

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

• 4 weeks later...
Заикание , как вы описали, вероятно , низкая частота кадров / пропущенных кадров. Стремится быть наиболее очевидным при вращении, например , поворачивать голову или просто наблюдая мир пролететь в окно.

Я предлагаю получить инструмент Oculus лотка, включите HUD по применению времени визуализации, увидеть , что ваш процессор и GPU рендеринга времен. Мой прогноз , что ваш процессор делает раз в порядке (если нет, то мы можем это исправить). Скорее всего ваш GPU рендеринг раз к северу от 24ms Потому что я вроде сомневаюсь , что GPU имеет шарм , который вы ищете.

Чтобы было ясно, эти два раза связаны между собой . Например , если вы летите над городом, как будет идти вверх. Вы можете уменьшить это немного понижая свой видимый диапазон, который привезет и вниз. (А может быть , вы должны сейчас. Деревья и тени имеют схожие эффекты.) Но, я надеюсь , вы будете хотеть новый GPU , прежде чем все закончится с.

Я согласен с вами на RAM, игры можно играть с 16 и будет 32, скорее всего , чтобы решить вашу проблему , я не думаю , что нет. Маршалл своих ресурсов! [/ QUOTE]

Hey. Yes, the f 14 has been hard intermittent stuttering on the ground and in flight. but enough mouse to pull the screen for 5 seconds and return back they pass

i7 8700k

2 GTX 1080

Ssd только DCs

32г 3400 МГц

HTC Vive

лаг завивать только F 14 кадров в секунду падения 2-5fps

другой Пытка 30-45

Edited by ZLOD82

Z690 ASUS Extreme glacial
12700k 5200
3090 гигабайт aurus
G skil 6400

Could be other things too, like directly related to Oculus. I get a freeze that is nothing to do with DCS and all to do with Oculus and Windows and USB having a hissy fit.

Does Windows perform OK when this is happening? Anything in your system logs?

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Same here, got big FPS issues on Caucasus with my Rift CV1, running on a R9 290 and 24GB RAM got lot of stuttering and low FPS since the "VR Update", other planes runs way better, I lose 10Fps in the F-14B Cockpit

Edited by Loukuins

My Setup : i5-4690 3.50GHz + 24GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz + MSI RTX 2060 Super Ventus OC + 2 SSD + 4 HDD + Oculus Rift CV1 + TM T.16000M Hotas

Super Etendard for Life !