Project Name: A-10C II

randomTOTEN

What's an A-10C II? I think that's the first question I'm going to have when I look at the store page, the main menu, or the unit in the Mission Editor.

It just doesn't feel right for the upgrade project, as this name sounds arbitrary. If this is real nomenclature, then obviously this topic is in error.

I think there are perhaps better naming conventions than putting roman numerals after the module name. Examples:

1. Sub variants of the aircraft model (most closely matching): Examples include Block, Lot, and Mark numbers for the subject aircraft. These are already used on other projects like the Viper, Hornet, FW-190, Spitfire, Albatros, etc.. In the case of the Warthog, the obvious answer would be Suite number.

2. Project year: The Admiral Kuznetsov update can be see in the ME with the year in parenthesis behind the unit name. "CV 1143.5 Admiral Kuznetsov (2017)"

3. USAF Upgrade Program name, nickname: Examples include: Rewing, Hog-Up, Precision Engagement. I even like the fictitious "Tank Killer" title more than I like "II."

4. Usual software convention: Version 2, v2. "2.0"

Just some thoughts to reduce a little confusion. I know it's already late in the development stage, as there's already been an announcement and we're near release.

Edited by randomTOTEN

Last weekends development progress seems to have it titled as the A10c II Tank Killer...

Hardware - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i9 11900kf stock, DeepCool LE520 water cooled, Gigabyte Z590 Gaming X, 64gb DDR4 3200, Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3070 TI 8gb, 480gb SSD & 500gb M.2 SSD for DCS World, HP Reverb G1 VR headset, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas, throttle & TFRP Pedals.

Modules - A10C II, AH64D, BS3, C101, F5E, F15E, F16C, F/A18C, L-39, M2000C, MI24P, P47D, Supercarrier

Maps - Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Sinai, The Channel