Can't select Skill- Player creating P-51 mission

CucoNegron6924

Hi, I'm suddenly having a problem creating a P-51 mission with the Mission Editor. When I try using the P-51D-25-NA or the P-51D-50-NA and then try to select the skill option, I don't get the option to select "Player" so that I can fly the ACFT, I get a few options, one of which is "Client" but no "PLayer".

This happened to me a long time ago, the same problem, but unfortunately, I can't remember how it was resolved, yes, I know, it's an age thing!!!

Anybody can help me with this, I have been trying for the last two days and I'm about to give-up... Please

Thanks in advance,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

You can use “Client” in place of “Player”. Player will put you directly into the plane. “Client” will bring you to a selection screen to select your aircraft, once selected it will put you in the plane. Difference is that “player” is strictly single player, “Client” is used for multiplayer but can still be used as a single player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Campbell, Well, Player is not there when I select "skill" yes I can select "Client" but when I select the mission, there is somebody else flying the airplane, not me, I can't fly the airplane.

RandomTOTEM, The airplane is on the map, but still the option "player" is not available.

I'm about ready to give-up on this one, I may be too old for chasing rabits. Anything else you can suggest, I'll try it!!!

Cuco Negron

OK, I just tried to create a mission with the FA-18C and the "Skill" -Player is there to be selected. Now, the P-51D is the one that doesn't allow me to select the Player. Could I yust delete the P-51D or just repair that Acft? I have no idea of what I'm doing or what I need to do to fix this...

Please HELP!!!

Cuco Negron

.. Now, the P-51D is the one that doesn't allow me to select the Player.

Looks like you dont have a license to use the P-51.

Could I yust delete the P-51D or just repair that Acft?

Do you have Steam or the stand alone version of DCS? Can you upload the file dcs.log that is at /saved games/dcs/logs/ ? ... it could give us more clues.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Rudell, I can not msend you the dcs.logfile you requested because I cant make this dcs.log file go yo you if you don't give me an address to send it to.

waiting for your reply,

Cuco Negron

We understand you are frustrated. But you are making yourself look stupid. Pls reconsider your options.

Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,

Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,

Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Rudel_chw, sure I’ll send you the dcs.log, my P-51D is legit. Can you tell me the address i can send it to?

Hi,

Please, just compress the file onto a zip and then attach it to a post, using the "Manage attachments" button, when you are writing the post, like I've done on this post.

Sorry I didnt answer earlier, but real life gets in the way :)

Best regards,

Eduardo

dcs.zip

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

You can attach a copy of zipped logs file or the mission miz file to a post here. Does p51 work in other missions? Did you adjust start time of mission? Sometimes people mistakenly change unit activation time thinking its start time and this will make plane unusable.

cthulhu68,

All my "missions" are depart from somewhere, just fly around and after a while, just try to land and survive the landing kind of "mission", the problem is that when I get to the part that I have to select "player" so that I can man whatever aircraft I want to fly, I can do it. I don't get the option of selecting "player" It's not in the list of options. I tried selecting "client" but I can't use it because, by the time I get there, the aircraft is already starting and moving...

And I have been trying to solve this for the last two days and I'm 73... with a diagnosed case of severe CRS...

Thanks cthulhu68,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

Rudel chw;

With any luck, a file will be attached at the botom of this message...

Yes, I saw it .. it shows this error:

2020-04-25 20:31:32.449 ERROR   SECURITYCONTROL: Manifest 'mods/aircraft/p-51d/dcs_manifest.x86_64' failed 1 file checks.

You should run a "DCS_Updater Repair", this will re-download the corrupt or missing file .. here is more info on how to run the DCS_Updater:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

See the section titled: "Repairing DCS World:"

This should fix your issue.

Best regards,

Eduardo

Rudel chw:

Tried the "Repairing DCS World:" suggestion, actually, I'm having the P-51D problem with the OpenBeta, so I repaired the Open Beta and it corrected and downloaded something, I don't know what. Anyway, when I create a p-51D mission using the DCS World program, not the Open Beta, I can get the "Player" option in Skill, so, everything is fine with me. I might write to ED to check on the error you found in the log, but I don't know if I will. Thank you Rudel chw and cthulhu68 for your help with this very annoying thing with the P-51D.

Thank you,

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR

Tried the "Repairing DCS World:" suggestion, actually, I'm having the P-51D problem with the OpenBeta, so I repaired the Open Beta and it corrected and downloaded something, I don't know what. Anyway, when I create a p-51D mission using the DCS World program, not the Open Beta, I can get the "Player" option in Skill, so, everything is fine with me.

Glad to know that you have now the problem solved ... best regards :thumbup:

Rudel chw, decided to file a Ticket with ED, they said that, as you suggested, there was something wrong in the Log, they told me the best way to deal with that was to delete the P-51D and reinstall. This P-51D fought me all the way, man, but it's fine now, it finally works.

Thank you, Rudell chw, thank you very much!

Cuco Negron

San Juan, PR