question about alignment of the INS

DayGlow

Does starting the engine while it's aligning mess it up? From what I read is that the vibrations from the engine is bad for alignment, but I'm not sure if this is modeled in the sim.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

you're even clear to taxi while aligning, it's still fine ! go ahead and take off, will align just fine

Now that sounds like a major bug?! :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Is that big news for you?

Been there for ages

Reported more than a month ago, being ignored by Razbam, not even on a bug tracker:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227146

It actually is, as I never tried to trick the INS...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

just enter proper WP00 coords and you're good to go

Which isn't how it's supposed to be.

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 months later...
Is that big news for you?

Been there for ages

Reported more than a month ago, being ignored by Razbam, not even on a bug tracker:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227146

.....which is then rise the question : WTH happened with RB ? It makes me nervous to buy their next module to be honest.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

A lot is unrealistic in the Mirage...

IFF and TWS behavor, radar general, INS etc...

HOEPFULLY they gonna fix that all...

What the f... do you blame on IFF ?

Stop calling unrealistic when you have no clue what you are talking about.

IFF is as realistic as allowed by current DCS World.

Excepted the sectorial TWS bug, there isn't much to blame on the radar.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Do you really feel the need to use the f word on a situation like this ? Come on !

Yes, because the guy is always using other people's thread to rent about things which are actually working as much as possible in DCS. No clue what he is talking about, no knowledge or research about the Mirage 2000. So he isn't the guy to tell what is realistic or not in the module.

And who are you, moderator ? I don't think so.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Yes, because the guy is always using other people's thread to rent about things which are actually working as much as possible in DCS. No clue what is talking about, no knowledge or research about the Mirage 2000. So he isn't the guy to tell what is realistic or not in the module.

And who are you, moderator ? I don't think so.

+1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Excepted the sectorial TWS bug, there isn't much to blame on the radar.

Targets are being tracked through mountains. (Did that myself on the just dogfight server)

A TWS track is shown absolutely smooth on the HUD, like a STT. Look at the Hornet, thats the correct tracking of a TWS target. (Position update only when the radar sweeps over the target again)

Symbology for MagicII on the HUD is wrong (triangle).

If sending out a IFF interrogation, ALL contacts on the radar are IMMEDIATELY assigned. I can't immagine that this is correct (sending out to all aspects, interrogate and show it to the specific contacts within 0.1 second).

TWS drops lock after a few seconds.

Radar feels really like a game radar as it is in Su and MiG, not like a real modelled radar like in F-18, F-14 or Mig21.

Pilot body is not working.

Police light is missing.

Do I need to say something on the INS alignement?

Do I need to say something on the radio dials bug?

Do I need to say something on the safety covers?

So, as I don't have any clue I'm sure you can now tell now on what I'm wrong and why it is needed to use the F-word?

I love the Mirage. But I would love it more, if Razbam would say a word to all pointed bugs, fix them and bring the Mirage to a level it deserves.

It is realeased since years and still has bugs that should not be there.

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

[...]

Does it have anything to do with "question about alignment of the INS" or the question "Does starting the engine while it's aligning mess it up? From what I read is that the vibrations from the engine is bad for alignment, but I'm not sure if this is modeled in the sim." ?

We are okay with you reporting the problems of the module, I even thank people for it when I can BUT do it in the appropriate thread and not all over the sub-forum.

Derailing threads is not okay.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA