Lag in multiplayer

amazingme

Hello,

Do you guys experience massive lag and warping with the new 1.5.4 update? My ping was ~50ms and the worst warping (usually 90 degrees up/down) happened when I tried to shoot down an enemy with ping >100. We were around 20 players on the ACG server.

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Ya I had the same thing happening to me. My ping was 130 not nearly as good as yours but in previous versions I had no problems with lag or warping. I did notice some people on with 300+ pings. I wonder if that had anything to do with it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

To my experience the lag issue isn't gone but it seems more consistent - they seemed to have fixed the majority (but not all) of the big jumps but done so by providing a transition algorithm which is problematic in it's own regard.

Against straight and level or slowly manoeuvering targets it works ok but as soon as the target gets a wiggle on it looks mighty strange.

There's a lot of out-of-plane slip, skid and translation that is quite alien looking to those of us with experience of gun fighting in older sims; it makes predicting the target's path by analysing the attitude of their plane very difficult, much more so than contemporary Combat Flight Sims and thus negates a great deal of the deflection shooting opportunities.

Needless to say it's also an immersion killer - it really looks most peculiar - plus I came in for some rather unpleasant abuse from a chap on the opposing side who blamed me personally for the warping he experienced when he was trying to get a bead on me. It brought an obnoxious tarnish an otherwise enjoyable evening. But that's multiplayer I guess!

Hope ED can work out a better solution than the current - it's not unplayable IMHO but it will drive virtual fighter pilots coming in from CloD or BoS/BoM away from the DCS WW2 arena which would be a shame.

Edited by DD_Fenrir