migrating dcs to a new pc. how to move configs?

Just back up your \Saved Games\DCS[.openbeta]\Config\Input folder. It is normally in C:\Users\[Your name]

Also, disable all modules on old PC

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

So I recently built a new DCS vr machine. I am willing to fresh reinstall DCS

No need to re-download DCS .. just copy the /Program Files/Eagle Dynamics/ folder to the new PC's disk and then do a DCS Repair.

but I would like to avoid going threw the 3 or 4 planes I fly regualrly setting up HOTAS inputs for them. Last time I did this I lost all of those configs.

You can copy the /Users/your user/Saved Games/ folder contents onto the same path on the new PC. This way you preserve not just the HOTAS bindings, but also your Logbook, the Campaign status, any Missions or Liveries that you have collected, etc.

The HOTAS config files are named using the USB port ID of the PC, so most likely the old names of the files will not be recognized. This is easy to fix, as you can either copy the content of the old file onto the new, or rename the old files with the same names as the new ones.

Also, no need to deactivate Modules, as currently all DCS modules are no longer using the StarForce copy protection and they just use your DCS User name/password.

Best regards

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB