Q1E Development Update

Cobra847

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, due to a critically ill close family member, I've had to pack down and hit the road to, hopefully, assist in recovery.

This unfortunately means that the planned Forrestal update hasn't gone out yet and will be delayed.

Development will be slightly slowed on some features for the nearest (2w~) future, as my contributions to these development items will be significantly reduced. The team will however continue to make good progress on all unaffected fronts.

Apologies for the late notice; this situation came on with some urgency late last week. Thanks for your understanding and support!

Take your time, mate. There are things that we often care too little about, until we take a step back, realize and shift our priorities in life.

Good luck and a speedy recovery to your family member and strength for you and your relatives.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

There’s about a million pictures online that say otherwise. As an aircraft mechanic I can tell you categorically those pylons were not welded to the air intakes. Quite honestly if you’re not a member of the HeatBlur team you don’t have any business answering the question. Sorry I don’t mean to be rude, but that’s the way it is.

I found this link with real life F-14 pilots. It was super easy to find too maybe 30second but you want to go to 14:30 and they will talk about your fuel tanks never coming off except for trial runs. Don’t think of me giving you this advise but more real life F-14 pilots which would have more credit then heat blur. Super interesting your a aircraft engineer. Amazing how many of you guys come out when you need to argue a point. Anyway after your stress pill here’s the link

https://www.fighterpilotpodcast.com/episodes/042-f-14-tomcat/

I recommend listening to all of it as a great listen. But so your ego survives a little long if you want to speak to heatblur only and not have someone from the community answer something for you which happens to prove you wrong maybe message heatblur directly. Your ego will survive longer not sorry if this seems rude just the way it is

Edited by Blinky.ben

If you listen to the fighter pilot pod cast with the F-14 guys, which is very awesome to listen to. But they say they never flew without the external fuel tanks to the point they actually wielded the tanks to the F-14. Including the A model

You think they welded drop tanks onto the aircraft? I mean do you believe this?

Hell no that’s weird as, but me that doesn’t fly f-14’s is never going to argue against a proven real life f-14 pilot or pilots as there are 3 in the conversation. However go back to the original question the F-14’s almost never flew with drop tanks. Again real F-14 pilots publicly starting they never flew without.

Good luck, Cobra.

My condolences. I had to do the same last month. Hopefully you’ll have a better outcome than me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry to read that.

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Good luck, Cobra.

Sorry to read that.

Thank you. Still think about him. It was pretty sudden, too. Went in for just feeling ill, three weeks later, gone. Wasn’t covid19 for the inquiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, due to a critically ill close family member, I've had to pack down and hit the road to, hopefully, assist in recovery.

This unfortunately means that the planned Forrestal update hasn't gone out yet and will be delayed.

Development will be slightly slowed on some features for the nearest (2w~) future, as my contributions to these development items will be significantly reduced. The team will however continue to make good progress on all unaffected fronts.

Apologies for the late notice; this situation came on with some urgency late last week. Thanks for your understanding and support!

Damn. Fingers crossed, and best thoughts. Take care.

In case you ever find yourself wanting to write the word for the sound/condition again, the correct spelling is "hiccup".

You'll find worse offenders in my posts, especially those typed after 2 AM and a bottle of rum :D

But, it's good to know! :thumbup:

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

• 2 weeks later...

Best wishes for you Cobra.

In the meantime; we’ll focus on getting out a Forrestal focused update to you all in the next week, and we’ll show off our work through some pleasing eye-candy and hopefully launch shortly thereafter (either through a download, or through a patch if the timing works out).

Can someone put the link to this please?

Best wishes for you Cobra.

Can someone put the link to this please?

When he announced a family emergency I believe in the same statement he said that update would have to wait, as that was primarily his role to do it.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

All is good for now gents, Cobra will be back shortly and then we will get everything back on track asap. Thank you for your kind patience.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

All is good for now gents, Cobra will be back shortly and then we will get everything back on track asap. Thank you for your kind patience.
Thanks, so everyone is ok, and it worked out fine for the family.

@Cobra - take your time, it's family first always.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronMike View Post

***EXCELLENT NEWS***

This is Wonderful to hear,Especially in these days when Good News is at a Premium.

Patrick

mini.gif

On a sidenote, will you guys consider adding specific AIM-54A textures to the AIM-54A? (White body and blue stripes). Because currently they all show up as the AIM-54C. Would be a nice thing to have once the F-14A comes out, especially for the IRN faction. Seems like a rather easy thing to fix.

Also, would it be feasable to create a seperate IRIAF Tomcat model without the TCS and external fuel tank pylons?

On a sidenote, will you guys consider adding specific AIM-54A textures to the AIM-54A? (White body and blue stripes). Because currently they all show up as the AIM-54C. Would be a nice thing to have once the F-14A comes out, especially for the IRN faction. Seems like a rather easy thing to fix.

Also, would it be feasable to create a seperate IRIAF Tomcat model without the TCS and external fuel tank pylons?

I'd have to ask about missile skins, I am sure we will make them fitting at some point, with prolly a bit lower priority.

As for the IRIAF version, it will have the covered TCS (means inoperational) as it did irl, it will not have lantirn, will most likely only carry the 54A and only mk82 to mk84 and probably only the aim7-F. (To give you a lose idea, this can still change as we do a bit more research on it.) We will not implement anything beyond that, as it will simply go beyond our limits and in most cases there is not enough documentation (like hawk missiles replacing the phoenix, etc, or some iran specific bombs). It will also come with specific skins for the iriaf and will be selectable from Iran as a country.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/