OH-58D In flight testing now Twitch - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 08:39 AM   #31
ebabil
Veteran

Is there a video link?

Youtube
Z390 / i5 9400F / Gtx1070 / 16 GB Ram / 500 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD // CH Fighterstick - MS FFB2 - TM Warthog Throttle - CH Pro Pedals - TrackIR 4
ebabil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:32 AM   #32
Eldur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephyrius View Post
Not gonna pay $5 to watch it, sorry.
Met that paywall as well, wouldn't want to pay that if I don't watch the channel regularly. Would have loved to see the Kiowa in action...

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
My apology, didn't know there was a pay to view scheme on the VOD. When I posted the link, he was live and you don't need to pay to view live content.
Actually this was the first time I've ever come across this. Usually I can watch VOD recordings of Twitch streams like up to a week after it happened without getting charged at all.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #33
PickleMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybull View Post
The flight model looks great (although hard to assess while watching) a lot of improvements over Gaz FM were evident - infact looked NOTHING like the gazelle, even with the OH-58Ds SCAS turned on.
It certainly looked like it was "hanging from the rotor" which at least looks about right.

Other notable points were:

Rain drops on the glass.
The rocket pods had some interesting configurations. One had what appears to be an over/under load with extended tubes in the middle three tubes. The other pod had some very long rockets which looked rather like APKWS. This is speculative and of course all this is subject to change, and they were not able to discuss this during the stream due to NDA.

The M4's will not be operable. Smoke grenades are.

Doors will not be a feature. To paraphrase the streamer "The doors appear on the helicopter when delivered to the unit, then they're thrown in a room somewhere and never used again"

Sounded like several Hellfire variants are modelled.

Still no plans for multicrew but are watching what ED's doing with the UH-1H.

Other caveats were that the rotors are not finished yet (which is why they look a bit weird) and there isn't any FADEC implmented yet. Bear this in mind when commenting on any videos.

Also this will not be released this year, there will be no EA and it should be more or less complete at release.
PickleMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:01 PM   #34
ThorBrasil

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
Most expected module for me for 2020!
The same for me!
|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,
|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,
|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,
|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,
|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,
|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,
|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,
|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,
|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,
|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.
ThorBrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 03:50 PM   #35
Owen2210

We can hope for a Christmas miracle
Owen2210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #36
Eldur

TBH I can wait a little bit, with the JF-17 hitting tomorrow and the Supercarrier expected soon as well as Syria. I don't have all that cash at once, especially not in December

And I do want to get things as early as possible

But after reading Pickle's post, I got even more excited for the thing... and eventually, also the rework of the Gazelle so it will finally pay off
Old 12-03-2019, 09:21 PM   #37
Harlikwin
Veteran

The reveiew sounds cool...

Have they said what "year"/model OH-58 we will get?
Old 12-04-2019, 03:22 AM   #38
AlphaOneSix
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
At the end of the day all it means is that he isn't an actual pilot with the experience to evaluate the FM in meaningful ways.
I agree. However, I am also of the opinion that most actual pilots also do not have the experience to evaluate the FM in meaningful ways. I believe it, additionally, requires at least some knowledge of and experience with DCS in particular and PC-based flight simulation in general.
AlphaOneSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 07:35 AM   #39
WildWeasel303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlikwin View Post
The reveiew sounds cool...

Have they said what "year"/model OH-58 we will get?
Based on what I saw/what was said in the live stream, looks like it'll be a D variant Kiowa Warrior. I didn't see the nose mounted camera system of the F model and its various "confirmed" weapons list so far indicates a newer Warrior model.

One thing is for sure, Poly isn't messing around with this module. It's gonna be as accurate to real life as possible through this sim thanks to a load of real world pilots/maintainers that are providing them information and alpha flight testing input. It's going to set a new bar in terms of helo realism for DCS. No question.
Modules: F-16C / F-14B / F/A-18C / A-10C / AV-8B / JF-17 / M2000C / C-101 / L-39 / AJS-37 / F-5 / MiG-21 / F-86 / FC3 / FW190A8 / FW190D9 / Spitfire Mk IX / KA-50 / UH-1 / Mi-8 / SA342 / Combat Arms / Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandy
System: Fractal Meshify C / Ryzen 2600x @ 4.1gHz / 32gb Trident Z 3000mHz / ROG Strix B-450F / Corsair H110i Pro / RTX 2070 Super FE / 1TB SSD / Corsair RM1000x / TrackIR 5 / Logitech X56 Rhino / Astro A40 TR+Mixamp
IRL: USAF F-16C Crew Chief / Private Pilot
WildWeasel303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #40
Sephyrius

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
My apology, didn't know there was a pay to view scheme on the VOD. When I posted the link, he was live and you don't need to pay to view live content.
Dont be sorry, it's not your fault.

Im just disappointed in how poorly this is being handled by Polychop. Who in their right mind does a reveal like this behind a paywall?

The Kiowa is gonna be interesting to a degree in that there's a whole lot more Bell 206 pilots out there who, even if they've not flown the Kiowa itself, should still have a general idea of how it's expected to behave. Got to fly one myself this summer, was a blast, and it was cool to experience how well DCS training transferred over to maneuvering.

Last edited by Sephyrius; 12-04-2019 at 10:23 AM.
Sephyrius is online now   Reply With Quote