Vietnam War - POLL - Page 20 - ED Forums

Notices

View Poll Results: With the aircrafts we have, should devs focus on creating a Vietnam environment ?
Yes, it would create a new dimension to the DCS World simulator 817 86.00%
No, I prefer 3rds to still work on aircrafts, and to fly in the same old Caucasus 133 14.00%
Voters: 950. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #191
K1eaner

Seconded. Any theater of war is a good addition.
K1eaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 02:17 PM   #192
Kylian717

But does the Mk-77 will have the « real explosion ».
https://youtu.be/44b1J4iBWkc
I think that Razbam will had the Mk-77 to the AV-8B too.
Kylian717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 06:58 PM   #193
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
By "Napalm" Mk-77 fire bomb has planned to F/A-18C hornet, but surelly has added to other aircrafts (F-5).

About the "actual" Vietnam modules:
-A-4 Mod -(comunity)
-A-6/KA-6 (IA) -Heatblur
-A-7E -RAZBAM
-AH-1F -ED
-F-5E -ED
-F-4E -ED
-F-8 Crusader -Magnitude3
-F-14A -Heatblur (yes, the F-14 was deploy on Vietnam: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-14_T...m_Saigon_(1975) )
-Forrestal Class Carrier (AI) -Heatblur
-Mig-19 -RAZBAM
-Mig-21Bis -Magnitude3 Not "exact" version but has applicable.
-OV-10 Bronco -Razbam
-UH-1H -ED
Of which we currently have exactly the UH-1H, the MiG-19 (forgot that one), MiG-21 in a faaaaar more modern version, a more modern F-5E and the community mod A-4E in a too modern version... can make do, but it is still a more late 70ies to 80ies mix of aircraft.
The other "ideas" may be around in 2025, but I prefer the Afghanistan and Syria maps, may be a Balkans map, until they arrive, especially with the F-16C coming soon.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 02:35 AM   #194
Evoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shagrat View Post
Falkland Maps is a 3rd party project and actually the way for these developers to learn the ropes to build maps. The "waste of time" may(!) pretty much serve as a skill building excercise for them to take on bigger (Vietnam) maps. At least it would be another developer who is able to do a map...
and I am sure there is a bigger audience waiting for the Falklands (South Atlantic) than you think. For me it's an instant buy! Basically any map is! Can't wait for Syria and Afghanistan to see the light of day...

EDIT also keep in mind a Vietnam map would cater for a realistic environment for roughly the Huey, the Huey and maybe the Huey... add the way too modern MiG-21 Bis against the community mod A-4 Skyhawk and AI F-4 Phantoms and with much artistic license the F-5E3... Persian Gulf, Afghanistan or Syria are currently catering over half a dozen modules!

FYI - An F-4E was in development but was put on hold to develop and push out the F-16 first. It might not be the ideal variant for this era but its still a Phantom that many people would be more than happy with.
Evoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 07:53 AM   #195
Kylian717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoman View Post
FYI - An F-4E was in development but was put on hold to develop and push out the F-16 first. It might not be the ideal variant for this era but its still a Phantom that many people would be more than happy with.

Why is not a Phantom for this era. The block 43 has arrived in the late 1960.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Kylian717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:49 PM   #196
SgtPappy

Quote:
Of which we currently have exactly the UH-1H, the MiG-19 (forgot that one), MiG-21 in a faaaaar more modern version, a more modern F-5E and the community mod A-4E in a too modern version... can make do, but it is still a more late 70ies to 80ies mix of aircraft.
The other "ideas" may be around in 2025, but I prefer the Afghanistan and Syria maps, may be a Balkans map, until they arrive, especially with the F-16C coming soon.
I think it is an understandable idea that the planes are modeled a little later than their respective most famous conflicts simply because they can be used in way more scenarios which is a nice idea.

I always thought that the biggest difference between the MiG-21MF (which saw combat in Vietnam) and the MiG-21bis was really just the special afterburner. Does the latter add loads of A/G capability too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylian717 View Post
Why is not a Phantom for this era. The block 43 has arrived in the late 1960.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
From the last updates before Belsimtek became a part of ED, we are getting something like the F-4E Block 50+ with maneuvering slats, TISEO and ARN-101 navigation/bombing system. This is representative of the project Rivet Haste F-4E's that saw combat from November 1972 to January 1973 (and also in Cambodia the following years) except for the ARN-101. Rivet Haste F-4E's operating with the 555th TFS did indeed drops bombs and fire AGM-65s in anger but only 3x AIM-7's were ever fired at MiGs, none of which resulted in a kill. All slatted F-4E kills would subsequently go to Israel and Iran.
SgtPappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:55 PM   #197
Silver_Dragon
ED Translator

Quote:
Has the same situations with the in progress Malvinas / Falkland map. Do you think mission makers has been stop to make combat missions on that scenery by not have Sea Harriers or Mirage V? we can see the same situations with "outside time" modules (Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/As, UH-1H, etc) fly over that war zones.

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893
DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...91#post4076891
21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/
Silver_Dragon Youtube

Last edited by Silver_Dragon; 08-12-2019 at 09:57 PM.
Silver_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:15 PM   #198
Hueyman

I've been told it was in the planning from one of our 3rd parties company, but was eventually cancelled...

That means they are getting interested in it and someday, something will come out, very probable ...

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)/EC120B/AS355N/Bell 206/AS350B2
Hueyman is offline   Reply With Quote