DCS A-10C QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

None. Currently they, and mavericks will be replaced by the common air to ground missile whenever that enters production, if it enters production.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

This I realize, my question is what other advantages are there?

Lighter and more is an advantage in and of itself. Smaller and more precise munitions are becoming more popular because of the changing face of CAS... think of air support in Afghanistan and the possibility of Blue on Blue, or civilian casualties. We certainly aren't killing tanks over there, so the smallest boom that can still get the job done is what we need.

Same concept as the Small Diameter Bomb.

None. Currently they, and mavericks will be replaced by the common air to ground missile whenever that enters production, if it enters production.

This makes the most sense. I know lighter and more is always good, I was just wondering if there was any other tactical factors that favored the Hellfire.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

Question: there will be compatibility between DCS: A-10C, F.C. 2.0 and DCS:Black Shark?

bbt001_magic_8_ball_300main.jpg

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

DCS:BS <-> DCS:A10 : It was announced! If this will not be compatible ED will loose a loooot of fans!

DCS:BS <-> DCS:A10 <-> FC2 : I think ED will try it but will not get it to work.

My 2 cents

AFAIK BS and FC2.0 share a very common structure. So the hardest part will be in making A-10C work with BS. From then on, making it compatible with FC2 I believe should be an easier task. And I doubt that they will leave the A2A guys fly on their own in FC2.0 until DCS:Fighter comes out. These are my main thoughts though...

I don't think ED should spend time getting DCS: A-10C to work with FC 2, if you want to fly A-10's there an ok A-10A play with that, I'd much rather see energy being spend on the next DCS title, and having seen a short glimpse of the new F-15C (Thanks GA) One could hope that there was a DCS: Pale Eagle in the works... Pure speculation but GGT would like it!

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Currently what the next title will be is unknown, and as far as I know they may not even have yet settled on a specific aircraft within ED itself.

However, there are definitely likely candidates and there will definitely be a next title. And another after that. And another.

I don't think ED should spend time getting DCS: A-10C to work with FC 2, if you want to fly A-10's there an ok A-10A play with that, I'd much rather see energy being spend on the next DCS title, and having seen a short glimpse of the new F-15C (Thanks GA) One could hope that there was a DCS: Pale Eagle in the works... Pure speculation but GGT would like it!

Staffan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Will playing Flaming cliffs 2 beforehand help you out with DCS A-10C?

Perhaps in the respect of tactics and it'll give you a good idea of air to ground attack geometry, none on the FC aircraft are anything like the A-10C to fly or fight.

If you've never done any fixed wing mud moving before, it'll help you get the tactics and attack geometry in your head, but in terms of flight model and aircraft systems not at all.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Will playing Flaming cliffs 2 beforehand help you out with DCS A-10C?

Get comfortable with the T-Toad, ie AFM insofar as takeoff/landing/BFM is concerned - should give you a wee advantage in handling the Hog.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I read in an interview with Matt Wagner that DCS: A-10C will be released in a downloadable form by end of this year, is that true?

And how long it would be take for the boxed version?

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic62339_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

AMD Phenom II x4 965 | Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1280MB | 8GB DDR3-RAM | Win7 64bit | TM Warthog | CH Pro Pedals

It will be released in downloadable form this year as long as everything proceeds on schedule, which may not happen.

So far, so good.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It will be released in downloadable form this year as long as everything proceeds on schedule, which may not happen.

So far, so good.

I'm not sure we got a proper response from the other thread, but will the sim be released at the same time as the downloadable game for those of us who prefer purchasing through Steam?

Thanks

I also did not pick up on the TM MFD's being plug and play...thats really cool too! I am just waiting for the Warthog HOTAS to become available for pre-order in the US! Thanks to the ED staff and testers for answering our many questions!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind