CCRP

colubridae

Somethings I can't figure out.

Do the two lines in CCRP have to line up with the SPI orjust lined up with one another and the control computer does the rest?

My bombs consistently fall long, is there a common mistake I’m making?

please

Azimuth line and the other line (which I forget the name of) with the little pipper that runs down it thru your reticle at around 6 secs whilst your holding your weapon release button should line up nicely together when your nearing the target, don't worry bout the SPI if you've already slaved sensors to it, the CCRP will do the rest brother. And what I do is for better results, trim and then engage your Alt/Head for a nice stable approach to target and let some flare n chaff loose for good measure.

Hope that helps, cheers G

thumbup.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Do the two lines in CCRP have to line up with the SPI orjust lined up with one another and the control computer does the rest?

My bombs consistently fall long, is there a common mistake I’m making?

Can you post a track?

The ASL and PBIL need to be aligned, but it depends on the type of bomb and your IFFCC settings whether a bomb will be released when they're not aligned (5MIL vs. 3/9 setting). This also has an effect on the accuracy of dumb bombs, obviously.

If your bombs consistently fall long, maybe you have the wrong SPI Generator?

There are so many things that could be wrong. A video would be a great help, and a track would be even better. Chances are we'll be able to point out very precisely what the problem is then.

Ignore the spi mark as its a mark in space but the steering cues adjust for wind, velocity, etc.

Ideally perfectly aligned, but you can get away with them not being parallel provided that the dot ik the circle of the release cue is on the steering line AND you are at 1G. That means you are on trget but banking, so since bombs fall theyll still be on target.

Biggest affect I had to learn for dumb bombs is G force. If you are steering at all or untrimed during release you add movement to the bomb. Use trim and if you arent nearly still during release you are likely to miss.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Note if you drop unguided bombs you really need to fly perfectly if you want to hit accurate. Every slight movement in any direction will also affect the bombs path. The higher and faster you are, the easier it is to mess it up. Ungiuded bombs are more meant to be used against bigger targets, like buildings, an enemy base or vehicles parked next to each other.

Also wind can be a big factor. If your mission has wind you will need to setup a correct wind profile for accurate delivery (or fly through all air levels in the AO such that the computer gathers wind data by itself).

You can use different CCRP settings that will not allow the release if you fly outside parameters to prevent wasting bombs, like the 5mil setting. You do so in the IFFCC menu settings.

Edited by Zabuza

But.. first run all bombs fell long.

second run (from virtual reciprocal heading) mostly short.

Thanks for the track!

I didn't see anything wrong with your approach. Just try to align the two lines (PBIL and ASL) as perfectly as you possibly can, and keep the aircraft as stable as you can.

After playing the track, I let it run again and took control. Instead of RPL PRS with QTY 6 I chose just PRS (meaning QTY 2) and came pretty close in the first attack and destroyed the tank in a second run-in.

Just be aware that PRS (and, consequently, RPL PRS) won't work from stations 5 and 7; these are so close together that bombs released in pairs might collide in mid-air, which could be a bit unfavorable to the releasing aircraft, to put it mildly. ;)

Long story short, in order to release weapons in pairs, you should move them to the outer stations (4 and 8 are fine, for example). Otherwise (I'm not 100% sure about this) I think the IFFCC will automatically switch to RPL SGL, which might not have the desired effect on target.

Other than that, unguided bombs like the Mk-82 aren't that well suited for small, isolated targets. MBTs like the T-72 need an almost direct hit in DCS. Of course it's good practice to do this, but if possible, one should use unguided bombs against lightly armored area targets and guided bombs or missiles against armored targets. :thumbup:

Also wind can be a big factor. If your mission has wind you will need to setup a correct wind profile for accurate delivery (or fly through all air levels in the AO such that the computer gathers wind data by itself).

Don't worry about manual wind entry at the moment. Currently the A-10 in DCS always has a perfect wind model. We've tested this quite a few times and there has never been any difference between the auto wind and manual entry.

• Like 1

Thanks for the track!

I didn't see anything wrong with your approach. Just try to align the two lines (PBIL and ASL) as perfectly as you possibly can, and keep the aircraft as stable as you can.

After playing the track, I let it run again and took control. Instead of RPL PRS with QTY 6 I chose just PRS (meaning QTY 2) and came pretty close in the first attack and destroyed the tank in a second run-in.

Just be aware that PRS (and, consequently, RPL PRS) won't work from stations 5 and 7; these are so close together that bombs released in pairs might collide in mid-air, which could be a bit unfavorable to the releasing aircraft, to put it mildly. ;)

Long story short, in order to release weapons in pairs, you should move them to the outer stations (4 and 8 are fine, for example). Otherwise (I'm not 100% sure about this) I think the IFFCC will automatically switch to RPL SGL, which might not have the desired effect on target.

Other than that, unguided bombs like the Mk-82 aren't that well suited for small, isolated targets. MBTs like the T-72 need an almost direct hit in DCS. Of course it's good practice to do this, but if possible, one should use unguided bombs against lightly armored area targets and guided bombs or missiles against armored targets. :thumbup:

Thanks for prompt response and advice.

Definitely take it on board.

I guess I was being overly hopeful with dumb bombs.

:pilotfly: