Butterfly bombs

Coxy_99

As Coxy_99 mentions, they were on the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 F/G. As far as I can tell, the F/G are direct low-altitude conversions of the FW 190 A series (BMW 801 engine). In the 24-Aug-2018 DCS announcement, ED said there was an FW 190 A-8 in development. If that is human-flyable (hopefully!!!), then it would make a lot of sense to add these low-alt munitions.

As Coxy_99 mentions, they were on the Focke-Wulf Fw 190 F/G. As far as I can tell, the F/G are direct low-altitude conversions of the FW 190 A series (BMW 801 engine). In the 24-Aug-2018 DCS announcement, ED said there was an FW 190 A-8 in development. If that is human-flyable (hopefully!!!), then it would make a lot of sense to add these low-alt munitions.

According to the russian Forum the A-8 will be flyable.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

… As far as I can tell, the F/G are direct low-altitude conversions of the FW 190 A series (BMW 801 engine). In the 24-Aug-2018 DCS announcement, ED said there was an FW 190 A-8 in development. If that is human-flyable (hopefully!!!), then it would make a lot of sense to add these low-alt munitions.
F were indeed ground attack dedicated versions, by adding some armour plates, removing extra outer guns adding weight, and the possibility of multiple bomb racks (some of them in the wings, where the guns were before). Maybe some extra details but overall that's it. That was either F-x version built in factory, or A-x/U3 by field conversion kits (but the exact same aircraft either way). G model is the same but in a long range fashion, so wing mounted fuel tanks, and cowling machine guns removed, but mostly quite similar anyway. G-x built in factory (I think not many IIRC) and A-x/U8 by field kits. As a module possibility maybe that's way too much work for a single aircraft bearing in mind how ED usually does them as ME variants and not parallel modules, but it makes sense an eventual A-8 could also be at least a F-8.

According to the russian Forum the A-8 will be flyable.
Anyhow, how on Earth did I miss such news??? :shocking: The more the merrier with regard to WWII modules :beer: . That's not April's fools, right?

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Anyhow, how on Earth did I miss such news??? :shocking: The more the merrier with regard to WWII modules :beer: . That's not April's fools, right?

Nope not april fools. Coyote confirmed it in the Russian forum section. All we know so far is that it will be a "standard" version with 2xMG131 and 4xMG151 and that it will recieve an entirely new cockpit (ie 3d model will be made from scratch and not adapted from the Dora).

My guess is it will be part of the "Flying Legends" Pack Nick Grey mentioned together with the Mosquito. Hopefully they will do the G-6 as well.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

All we know so far is that it will be a "standard" version with 2xMG131 and 4xMG151 and that it will recieve an entirely new cockpit (ie 3d model will be made from scratch and not adapted from the Dora).

Definitely good news. And, combining that with what Ala13_ManOWar wrote about the F-series, it seems more than reasonable to add in SD2 (butterfly bombs) as an armament option.

Lets see what ED think and do we already getting an A.I lancaster which should carry the tall boy, Even v1 or v2's should be added maybe but more bombs would be cool i believe theres not just the SD2 i think theres another in the wiki

Edit: But having the tall boy would need to remove bomb bay doors and the top gunner.

… All we know so far is that it will be a "standard" version with 2xMG131 and 4xMG151 and that it will recieve an entirely new cockpit (ie 3d model will be made from scratch and not adapted from the Dora) …
Well, that's more than enough if we get it. I mean, AI assets were already talked about and having at least AI to crowd the missions is way more than we have now, but making it flyable would be awesome definitely.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

AI assets are cool and all but doesn’t help having more of them if they cause so many problems in MP. They still cause massive performance issues and I think even though you could finally see flak bursts in mp a few patches ago they seem to have disappeared again.

9./JG27