Second Monitor on the Left

So I've read PeterP's thread, and dummy's guide, and some of the other threads, and I'm slowly trying to understand how to use SoftTH, but I figured I'd check here for some help too- programming is not my forte, and I'm stuck.

Main monitor- 1920 x 1080.

Second monitor (to the left of main monitor) - 1600 x 900. Due to how my workstation is set up and how I also use my system for working on other projects, I can't easily swap the two, or set my smaller monitor as the primary one. Below is the custom .lua file I've been trying with DCS:W, and in-game resolution is set to 3520 x 1080, but DCS:W isn't even registering the second monitor when I run it in windowed mode. Running full screen crashes the program as soon as I try and load a mission.

A little help please guys?

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('BothMFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0-1600;

y = 0;

width = 600;

height = 600;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 0-800;

y = 0;

width = 600;

height = 600;

}

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

The top corner of your left most monitor is 1,1 in the xy space. So instead of using a negative have the fist MFCD at 0,0 then your second at 600.

Your main screen will start at x=1601.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

:dunno: maybe easier to just open your desktop properties and drag your second monitor to the right side when you fly DCS.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Have you tried the EMC program? In the User Files section by Icemaker :thumbup: 5x5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Yeah, the EMC program looks pretty slick, but I can't get it to move any of the displays to the left monitor still, without doing a logical switch. Anybody know anything about SoftTH and how to make that work, or even if it'd be able to do this?

you must be left handed, I only see lefties trying to display monitor configuration's from 0,0 to the left instead of right, so just move you right monitor to the left and your 0,0 to the right, in other words just switch the cable around. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Using the "PhantomMonitorFix" would be the best solution in your case.

You would be able to keep the right monitor as Mainscreen while the DCS simulation is Rendered across both screens.

Tip - place the exe or a shortcut of this skript it in your startup folder ,

C:\Users\>User Name<\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup to lower your workload .

So it is loaded when your system boots and you don't have to manually start it any more.

• Like 1

PeterP, you sir, are both a scholar and a gentleman. However, I'm still running into issues with this. I can tell that something is trying to load up on the left monitor, but now it's blank, as are both the MFD's in the main cockpit display, as shown below: Haven't done much to change the lua file:

name = _('BothMFCD');

Description = 'Left MFCD on the left monitor,Right MFCD on the right and camera on the center'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1601;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 500;

height = 600;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1100;

y = 0;

width = 500;

height = 600;

}

Screen_130718_231832_zps0dc792c8.jpg

Except, of course, that the blank screen is my screen on the left. Main screen seems to load fine in the middle- not sure which x values to adjust to put the MFD's where they belong. Or how to get my native MFD's back in the cockpit. A little help please? All I'm finding on the Phantom Monitor Fix is about 4 years old.

With the phantommonitorfix - you have to put the left screen back in the display properties like you had it from the beginning. (Post one)

=left monitor to the left

About the age :

This script measures all space on your desktop and pulls the window to the left most possible position - even when it's a negative value. And it does it only with tht DCS.exe process. And ther was no change in the naming since the last 4 years - so it works fine , as long you run windowed and go back to a setting like in post #1.

PeterP, you sir, are both a scholar and a gentleman. However, I'm still running into issues with this. I can tell that something is trying to load up on the left monitor, but now it's blank, as are both the MFD's in the main cockpit display, as shown below: Haven't done much to change the lua file:

name = _('BothMFCD');

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 1601;

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1920/1080;

}

}

LEFT_MFCD =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 500;

height = 600;

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = 1100;

y = 0;

width = 500;

height = 600;

}

Screen_130718_231832_zps0dc792c8.jpg

Except, of course, that the blank screen is my screen on the left. Main screen seems to load fine in the middle- not sure which x values to adjust to put the MFD's where they belong. Or how to get my native MFD's back in the cockpit. A little help please? All I'm finding on the Phantom Monitor Fix is about 4 years old.

Apect ratio change that to 1.6

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

No dice- I'm still getting a blank left screen, and blank MFD's in the cockpit, even with the negative values in the left monitor part, a la first post.

try mine

Thanks for the try, Mastiff, but that didn't work either- with, or without Phantom Script running:

Screen_130719_152014_zpsddaf9d26.jpg' al

I'm stumped. And also, you were right about me being left-handed. I'd do a logical swap of the monitors, but my brain doesn't do well going right with the mouse to go left- and it makes it even more of a nightmare in AutoCAD or Revit.

Thanks for the try, Mastiff, but that didn't work either- with, or without Phantom Script running:

Screen_130719_152014_zpsddaf9d26.jpg' al

I'm stumped. And also, you were right about me being left-handed. I'd do a logical swap of the monitors, but my brain doesn't do well going right with the mouse to go left- and it makes it even more of a nightmare in AutoCAD or Revit.

ok so when you load into the sim, you say it feels like it loading the stuff? So I would try to tinker with the MFCD, they just might be off the grid to the right some where. try the right MFCD x=1080

and then take screen shots and look at and see if you see anything.

• Like 1

I'll try that a little bit later. The part that I'm most confused about is that I suddenly don't have any MFD indications in the cockpit. Is that part of the Phantom Monitor script? I haven't looked at the script files for it yet, but I will when I get home later.

No luck, Mastiff. This is what I'm seeing with the settings you suggested:

Screen_130720_152634_zps71d26450.jpg' al

Notice also, still no MFD's in cockpit. I'm convinced it's got something to do with the Phantom Monitor Script, but I don't know what yet. Any more suggestions?

And success! PeterP, Mastiff, thanks for all your help! Apparently it was the EMC file that screwed up the MFD's. Restored the original LUA's, reloaded the custom one I'd made earlier, and everything ran as it was supposed to. Thanks again, guys!

Good to hear. Now get up and enjoy!