TEW # 15 Leave no Man Behind CDU error

GazAce

Hey good Pilots, does anyone recall mission 15 TEW campaign? This one is a tuffy and there's quite a bit to do. Not long into the mission I receive coordinates to a beacon and I enter them in my CDU but I keep getting CDU input error on my HUD. Now, I've checked and dble checked my settings and still keep getting the same error mesg. Yes I make sure both my Steerpoint and Page Rotary dials are set correctly and also I'm selecting the correct LSKs on my CDU. ie Lat and Long and making sure my CDU is in the Waypoint screen to start with and I also dble checked that I'm entering the correct coordinates but time and time again I keep getting the same error mesg which is frustrating. And I'm not sure if the mission can be completed without them either. If anyone can recall this one and has experienced the same probs, please let us know. Cheers G

I may try and change the Steerpoint and Page rotary dials as I was following Bunyap Sims settings exactly as he had them in his Lat Long waypoint from coordinates tutorial. His were set straight ahead.. Steerpoint to Mission and Page dial to Steer setting. Oh and the coordinates that I receive are Lat 42 50 16 N Long 42 30 53 E

Edited by GazAce
Afterthought

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Just flew Georgian Hammer DCS Campaign missions Push 8:2 and Push 9:2 and both times were given coordinates and were entered the same way and both times worked perfectly so not sure what's going on with that other mission.

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Oh and the coordinates that I receive are Lat 42 50 16 N Long 42 30 53 E

I think the easting requires a leading 0, so that would give you:

N: 425016

E: 0423053

Just fire up a quick mission with air start, input these coords and see if that solves the problem. If so, you're good to go. ;)

If not... well, that was my best shot.

Thanks guys , appreciate those tips. I reckon that's the trick.

Cheers, G

Yep, just flew it, The zero was left out. All good now,

Cheers, G

Edited by GazAce
Issue resolved

Also check that you enter the proper grid number (37t or 38t for example )

Yeah, that's another common problem when creating waypoints. However, just to make sure people don't get it wrong, the grid zone designator (37T or 38T in the Caucasus terrain) has nothing to do with Lat/Long coordinates. It only applies to coords in the Military Grid Reference System MGRS, which will be given in several other missions of this campaign.

Yep, just flew it, The zero was left out. All good now,

Cheers, G

:thumbup:

Thanks Yurgs appreciate that tip mate. I'm now into mission 18 of TEW and really enjoying it, actually don't want it to end and I bet the last one will be a real tuffy. Cheers, G