Introducing the VKB-Sim Gunfighter

rrohde

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about availability of the Gunfighter in Europe as soon as it will be published?

I just tried to register on the VKB-Sim North America homepage, but I can`t find any function for registering, just a a login for members.

Edit: I was able to register on the VKB FSC Europe homepage. But no info there about the Gunfighter.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I just tried to register on the VKB-Sim North America homepage, but I can`t find any function for registering, just a a login for members.

I like a more personal approach in reserving a Gunfighter for North American customers... they contact me directly, and I add them to a reserve list. I usually respond within the same hour, unless I am at work, flying DCS, or sleeping. :thumbup:

EDIT: I added a Register button, but this only allows you to become a "customer" to manage your customer data; I haven't built any opt-in option for a mailing list or reserve list just yet. That is still handled via email from the Contact button.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Probably my biggest decision in buying my next stick will be on whether to get an extension for a center mount, or go with the standard desktop mount. I really am torn between the two.

I know a center mount would be more comfortable as I am not reaching up and over to the right to control the stick.

As I will want to be able to use my Warthog grip with whatever stick I get, I was wondering will the Gunfighter Pro with the extension also support having the Warthog adapter to be able to use it's grip on it?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@dburne, definitely go for the center mount with extension. Not only is it more realistic (unless you're flying an F-16), but it is much more comfortable and I find it much more precise as well. An extension should fit the adapter either way (joystick, adapter, extension, grip or joystick, extension, adapter, grip).

@rrohde, will the base be available without the vkb grip, just an adapter and base?

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

And you can always convert any Warthog with extensions (several to choose from). I went with Milan's extensions. Took about an hour and some scrap wood for below. Since then, I painted the extension with matte black spraypaint.

BXiUvxC.jpg

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

@dburne, definitely go for the center mount with extension. Not only is it more realistic (unless you're flying an F-16), but it is much more comfortable and I find it much more precise as well. An extension should fit the adapter either way (joystick, adapter, extension, grip or joystick, extension, adapter, grip).

@rrohde, will the base be available without the vkb grip, just an adapter and base?

Awesome sounds great, I will plan on going with the Pro with extension then and use my Warthog grip on it.

Thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

And you can always convert any Warthog with extensions (several to choose from). I went with Milan's extensions. Took about an hour and some scrap wood for below. Since then, I painted the extension with matte black spraypaint.

Nice job, looks great!

Don B

Don,

If you go with multiple joysticks, making your own base like I did is not a bad idea. I use m base to substitue TM with Komodo set. The TM is mounted at a slight angle to make it more comfortable when gripping it with my right hand.

Takes no longer than a minute. Three screws, that's it. I also mounted the MFGs since that's always in use.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Don,

If you go with multiple joysticks, making your own base like I did is not a bad idea. I use m base to substitue TM with Komodo set. The TM is mounted at a slight angle to make it more comfortable when gripping it with my right hand.

Takes no longer than a minute. Three screws, that's it. I also mounted the MFGs since that's always in use.

Sounds like a good idea, many thanks!

Don B

Probably my biggest decision in buying my next stick will be on whether to get an extension for a center mount, or go with the standard desktop mount. I really am torn between the two.

I know a center mount would be more comfortable as I am not reaching up and over to the right to control the stick.

As I will want to be able to use my Warthog grip with whatever stick I get, I was wondering will the Gunfighter Pro with the extension also support having the Warthog adapter to be able to use it's grip on it?

All options you describe will work just fine. The adapter is part of the TM Warthog grip, and it doesn't matter if you stick onto the extension or the base of the Gunfighter, as the connector is available on both.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Rainer, do the Gunfighter base mounting screws match the Black Mamba? If they aren't already, I hope the VKB designers are in contact with the fine folks at MonsterTech to provide dimensions so that I can use their mounting system with this stick from day one!

Rainer, do the Gunfighter base mounting screws match the Black Mamba? If they aren't already, I hope the VKB designers are in contact with the fine folks at MonsterTech to provide dimensions so that I can use their mounting system with this stick from day one!

I am already in touch with MonsterTech about this. They already have the technical drawings on-hand. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi guys,

just got the word from VKB HQ that the Gunfighter will be sold as a "Base only" variant if you want to save some money on not getting the KG12 grip that usually comes with it.

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi guys,

just got the word from VKB HQ that the Gunfighter will be sold as a "Base only" variant if you want to save some money on not getting the KG12 grip that usually comes with it.

That's sensational - is there a kit to convert a cobra M5 grip, by chance?

I'd gladly sacrifice my M5 base for this...

Z...

Hi guys,

Sold!

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I have also emailed the europe site over a week ago asking about pre order and have had no response :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

+1 on this one.

Maybe it was three weeks ago and still nothing.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

I have also emailed the europe site over a week ago asking about pre order and have had no response

Based on their past experience, FSC ended "talk to wind" about VKB deadlines, ETA, so the better thing they can do is not say nothing until have the products in their hands, what based in latest VKB "promise" is for end of March (at best). ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br