UltraMFCD for DCS 1.5/2.0

Sgt_Baker

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UltraMFCD 2.1.0.0 for DCS 1.5.4 is available

Following the development of a completely new rendering engine, I'm pleased to announce that UltraMFCD 2.0 is ready for a public beta. Previous users of UltraMFCD will be familiar with its functionality and what to expect. If you're a new user, please consult the documentation for UltraMFCD 1.0 at https://ultramfcd.com.

The purpose of this test is to verify that the new rendering engine is stable and works as expected. Please post any bugs you may encounter either here or in an email to ultramfcd@ultramfcd.com.

Download link: https://ultramfcd.com/

** UltraMFCD requires .NET 4.6.1. If you have trouble starting the program, please download and install .NET 4.6.1 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49981

2.1.0.0 Caveats/things we already know:

1) Lots of displays are missing as they're still being converted to DX11.

Happy flying!

--Baker

--------------

UltraMFCD 3.0 in the works.

https://ultramfcd.com

When I run it, UltraMFCD starts fine and waits for me to start DCS. When I start DCS I am confronted with a C++ run time error. I have C++ distributions installed, but I still get the error. The error I get states that it is requesting something terminate in an unusual way.

Any idea what is causing this?

When I run it, UltraMFCD starts fine and waits for me to start DCS. When I start DCS I am confronted with a C++ run time error. I have C++ distributions installed, but I still get the error. The error I get states that it is requesting something terminate in an unusual way.

Any idea what is causing this?

That's not one I've seen before. Could you copy/paste the error description from the Windows Event Log along with generating a diagnostics package within UltraMFCD itself?

Generate Diagnostics Package

1.  Go to uMFCD settings via the cog icon on the main screen.
2.  Enable "Gather Diagnostics Package".
3.  Run DCS until the problem manifests
4.  Send us the resulting diagnostics package generated in the System Messages area.

Edited by Sgt_Baker

That's not one I've seen before. Could you copy/paste the error description from the Windows Event Log along with generating a diagnostics package within UltraMFCD itself?

Generate Diagnostics Package

1.  Go to uMFCD settings via the cog icon on the main screen.
2.  Enable "Gather Diagnostics Package".
3.  Run DCS until the problem manifests
4.  Send us the resulting diagnostics package generated in the System Messages area.

This is what I am seeing.

Exception during DirectX initialisation: HRESULT: [0x887A0001], Module: [sharpDX.DXGI], ApiCode: [DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown

Exception during DirectX initialisation: HRESULT: [0x887A0001], Module: [sharpDX.DXGI], ApiCode: [DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL/InvalidCall], Message: Unknown

---BEGIN DIAGNOSTICS PACKAGE---

Nm6Pky9mGQ8H4aBqS5aD2vXslleIhuoe6ChIJHHPDbNDaA4NUimsSNbh+TY+xNqBO7oPr/Gi3H8DlEpUwiwc2s59TtpWZooJEup5uq9MptnnBP3N4Nh7CFqLpsi9LFe7ie/kVO8AYB25ktsLoxrHazvZIrLw7vkCjxUgjBmnBB5pveheY2PtEqi1Szk6prx2QBwmCBE5aoiXxb22/WwlJg2zs3WB6gejliwDtzb9ROf7c+CnMy65PvCoPHeiXR7jg0AgXloupZEwUkuvTyuc2g/L5p+cvTEuxC0YN70SaZdBClgrAjZY3ryM+4P0R5cfjDhL/JzgQEp5T1jm7AEbvg==

---START PAYLOAD---

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

---END DIAGNOSTICS PACKAGE---

k8qQpiz.png

Would this have anything to do with the export.lua in the scripts file located in my saved games directory? It currently has some stuff for helios in it. However, I want to say this is the same error I was getting before you did the 2.1 upgrade and came back to take a look while you were on hiatus.

Hi sgt baker.

Is there any hope that UMFCD should work in fullscreen mode ?

I am a 3Dvision user, and with the DX11 implementation of DCS there is no other way than fullscreen to have 3Dvision. This prohibit any export at all. Unfortunately UMFD is also only working in windowing mode...So no way to export displays...

P8700K @4.8 GHz, 3080ti, 32 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.

I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Hi sgt baker.

Is there any hope that UMFCD should work in fullscreen mode ?

I am a 3Dvision user, and with the DX11 implementation of DCS there is no other way than fullscreen to have 3Dvision. This prohibit any export at all. Unfortunately UMFD is also only working in windowing mode...So no way to export displays...

There is, but not in the immediate future. What's required is to implement /all/ display functionality in DX11, including full 3D models of the displays etc. It's on the TODO list, but obviously is a rather large effort in and of itself.

This is what I am seeing.

Thanks for that. A quick glance indicates something funky is happening right at the DirectX 11 core. I'll look in to this properly in the morning, but while I have you, do you run anything unusual in terms of graphics cards etc?

Right now Im running a GTX 1080. I was having this same issue when I was running 2 AMD 290Xs in Crossfire. I can try doing a reinstall of DX11. I gathered that it was a DX error, but I was unsure of what was causing it.

Right now Im running a GTX 1080. I was having this same issue when I was running 2 AMD 290Xs in Crossfire. I can try doing a reinstall of DX11. I gathered that it was a DX error, but I was unsure of what was causing it.

Yeah, that kinda makes sense with the Crossfire setup. Considering the likely location of the crash within the code, I thought it might be because I'm not being specific enough about which graphics card to set up all the rendering on... but that doesn't explain the GTX 1080... unless it does something funky like present itself as two cores...

I'll try jamming another card in my dev box to see whether it reproduces the error.

Yeah, that kinda makes sense with the Crossfire setup. Considering the likely location of the crash within the code, I thought it might be because I'm not being specific enough about which graphics card to set up all the rendering on... but that doesn't explain the GTX 1080... unless it does something funky like present itself as two cores...

I'll try jamming another card in my dev box to see whether it reproduces the error.

I forgot something else. I am running an accessory card to run another monitor. So the dual card theory could still hold. It is possible that that is causing as an issue, but it is not setup to use SLI. The 1080 is the primary and the GT710 is just running another monitor.

I forgot something else. I am running an accessory card to run another monitor. So the dual card theory could still hold. It is possible that that is causing as an issue, but it is not setup to use SLI. The 1080 is the primary and the GT710 is just running another monitor.

Ah, yes. OK. Fingers crossed, as this would prove a relatively easy fix compared to some of the (painful) sleuthing that's gone in to uMFCD. :)

Edit: DirectX in general is notorious for its "helpful" InvalidCall error.

Hi Baker just testing latest build, If I start UM then DCS sometimes I get DCS stopped working.

If I start Helios and UM then DCS I get DCS work, Helios Work, UM working but with no pictures from DCS the frames with resize boxes show in place but no pictures in them. I also use DCS bios but have not tried it yet.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I just tried DCS-Bios and same thing boxes show but no pictures, I do however get the text in very small letters showing in the right box also a very faint red dot of a target marker also in the right box.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I just tried DCS-Bios and same thing boxes show but no pictures, I do however get the text in very small letters showing in the right box also a very faint red dot of a target marker also in the right box.

Roger that. This behaviour means there's still some slight finessing to be done with the detection code. The minor issues with labels sometimes getting gobbled up by uMFCD is evidently something more of a major one for you, since it ignores the actual displays altogether.

I'm just in the process of (finally and boringly) setting up a forum so we can keep track of these bugs individually.