Aircraft Carrier Designs

Which aircraft carrier design do you find most appealing to you, be it American, Russian, British, WW1/2, 50s, etc?

DCS status:

Case:NZXT S340 Mid Tower;Motherboard:MSi 970 Gaming DDR3 ATX;CPU:AMD FX-8350 8-Core Unlocked with Hyper 212 Evo heatsink;Memory:Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3;Hard Drive:Samsung 640GB;SSD: Crucial 256GB;Sound:Asus Xonar DGX; Power: EVGA 600W B1 80+;OS:Windows 10 64-bit; GPU: MSI Radeon RX 570 8GB 256-bit

Modules: Flaming Cliffs 3, P-51D, Combined Arms, Black Shark 3, A-10C/2, WW2 Assets, F/A-18C, F-16C Viper, AH-64D, Supercarrier, China Assets Pack

Maps: Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Sinai

Which aircraft carrier design do you find most appealing to you, be it American, Russian, British, WW1/2, 50s, etc?

All of them they are all great pieces of engineering, they all have different functionality and a marvel to look at................

c-compare.jpg

But to pick one I do like the LHD's for the RAAF F-35 pathway plans....... http://australianaviation.com.au/2014/05/johnston-raises-possibility-of-acquiring-f-35bs/

Take no notice of fake news LoL

............... and of course the CVN Nimtz Class the "BIG BOAT" - Rule by Power and Sheer Size -

:thumbup:

c-compare.thumb.jpg.47e87b8750ebd3cde42582338afd23aa.jpg

Edited by WRAITH

DCS FORUM SIG.jpg

All of them they are all great pieces of engineering, they all have different functionality and a marvel to look at................

c-compare.jpg

I look at the French and Brazilian carriers and then I look at the Chinese and Russian carriers and think that maybe the UK's carrier can carry more than 40 aircraft.

Well the Brazilian one is the Ex French Carrier Foch. for which I have plans of

Our new ones can hold more when need be.

Edited by joey45
was right the first time

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Dem Brits, its carrier almost twice as big as French but same amount of planes, someone screw up?

The normal compliment is 40 aircraft, but has the capacity for 70+. As a rough rule of thumb you need 1000 tonnes of displacement for every aircraft carried.

The Charles De Gaulle deployed to Syria with an air group of 30, the CDG has a hanger area of 4200 sq M where as the QE2 has an area of 5115 sq M.

Edited by whiteladder

CHina's carriers are:

Bought Old Kunetzcov stripped and towed to CHN from Ukraine

Built By reverse engineering their Purchases Kunetzcov.

China is doing what they did with the Flankers. License/Buy The First Wave, Copy and Build w/ Cheaper components and re-designate after that.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

The normal compliment is 40 aircraft, but has the capacity for 70+. As a rough rule of thumb you need 1000 tonnes of displacement for every aircraft carried.

Will probably have some Merlin's*, Chinooks and Apaches on board as well...

*AEW for primary role.

Shame it's not Nuclear powered..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Agreed. I think the French have listed the maximum possible number and the UK have listed the actual number of fighters that will be carried along with SAR, AEW, air-lifting, ASW etc.