Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

MemphisBelle

Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll  

292 members have voted

1. 1. Change.org Petition for F-4E and Forum Poll

• No, I want them to focus on the AH-1, Mi-24, and F-16
    • Yes, but not at the expense of other modules
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of the F-16 but not necessarily ahead of the helicopters
    • Yes, I want the F-4 prioritized ahead of other modules

We don't know if that list is in order..

I know this list is in that order:

While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time.

Thanks

Cheers.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this list is in that order:
That isn't necessarily a list of the schedule, just a list of the modules with priority.

Additionally he said they will continue when "several" are clear, not all or which exactly...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Israeli F-4Es in the late 1970s did.
I doubt, that we get a modified israeli F-4E modeled in DCS... My bet is in a late USAF F-4E.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

where to sign?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

"it doesn't really do anything that other aircraft in or planned for DCS don't already do."

I mean... The F4 is cool and all but... I'll buy both but I'd rather have the 16 first myself.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

The options aren't all there.

What about 'No, I want them to focus on the Mi-24 and AH-1', for those not interested in either F4 or F16. If you're going to run a poll, it should be something the entire community can vote in. So, you see the overall picture.

More simply:

Prioritize the F4

Prioritize the F16

Prioritize the Mi-24

Prioritize the AH-1

Prioritize others

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

The F-4 is certainly an absolutely iconic aircraft, but in terms of capability, it doesn't really do anything that other aircraft in or planned for DCS don't already do.

Corrected it for you.

I'm a big fan of the F-16 as well as for the F-4 and as i'm german i would love to see the F-4 in DCS.

But there is no objective argument like the misquoted above that would favour the F-4 over the F-16.

It is personel interest. There a people who prefer the F-16A over the C. I think it isn't (and shouldn't be) a question of capability.

Im a huge F-16 fan, and its my favorite bird and therefor obviously my most anticipated module for DCS. But end of the day, I honestly dont care if the F-4, or something else, gets made before the F-16, as long as I know the F-16 (any variant) is coming.

That said, there might be more to the decision on making the F-16 before the F-4. Could simply be that the F-4 is parked awaiting further data, and that they have all the F-16 data needed.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I personally care less about MI -24 and the F-16. If the Mi -24 is the closest finish that one then which one between the AH-1 and F-4 is to be next is the farthest along. I will not be buy the F-16 or the Mi-24, that just me.

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

In my oppinion, ED has made a business decision here. I doubt that decision is based on gut feeling and wild guessing, but on factual data or ressource constraints, or even on considerations of development work consolidation for similar/same systems.

I doubt changing this decision will do any good, other than make a small fraction of the forum community a bit happier, while delaying the release of half a dozen modules that many others would love to see as much, as an F-4E Phantom II ?

Shagrat

I've bought most, but not all, modules to support ED and their partners. The only module I've been anticipating more than the F-16 is the F-4.

I can understand the F-16 having a cult-like following as well, it's a very widespread and very capable aircraft and makes a welcome addition to DCS.

That being said, I'm disappointed to hear they've halted development of the F-4.

"it doesn't really do anything that other aircraft in or planned for DCS don't already do."

Probably the single most closed minded statement in all of the threads pertaining to aircraft on a wish list. If that's the case then why bother even developing more A/C? Then you followed it up by stating which aircraft you would rather have....but the Hornet can do what the F-16 can, making it just silly that you weighed in at all here. Before the purists come at me with torches and pitchforks what I mean is both can SEAD, both can ACM, both can put iron on target. Same same, yes?

By your measure ED should have just started out with a piece of early 2000's jet tech and called it good. No Mustang, Spitfire, no need for a Hawg.

The fact is all of us have our favorites. Some of us like the challenge of anything that isn't a mouse click away from wiping out an entire column.

~Rob

I believe that the Phantom is an iconic Vietnam-era aircraft, that deserves to have its place in DCS. The E is a good variant, however, that is arguable. Shouldn't we focus and prioritize on the older generation aircraft than the newer ones?

Oh, Rob... Your train of thought is just...

OPs statement just passed around your head like the wind.

It is the same as the Hornet meaning it is fully simulated, 4th gen, with the same weapon and system platform as the hornet. It ca do less than the Hornet, as it cannot do Carrier OPS. There isn't almost any differences big enough in the F-16 to really want more of the same right now.

No one is saying that it should never be done, but as you can see it takes quite the time to create such a module, so expanding the reach of DCS is better thing In my eyes.

No other aircraft is the same as the F-16 in DCS as your trying to make it out. Everyone including the F-4 bring something different and or new to DCS era wise, nationality wise, weapons wise, being a helicopter and so on.

Don't know how far they are, but as the plane does have a "cult" behind it does seems like a business decision to me.

But if they have been making it for couple of years now, I would understand why they would want to finish it now when they have the tech.

So, we won't change anything anyway. So, lets see what happens and if you don't like a module don't buy it and that is it, no need for other forms of petition

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I did sign this as soon as it was up, but honestly I am not expecting it to change anything whatsoever. ED has decided, and even stated that this is a $$$ ka-ching related decision. Well I can appreciate honesty I guess.

I get the whole Meh-16 Boring Falcon being a great seller but, at the very least I would hope that F-4E would come before a Cobra as the Phantom was very, very anticipated and received very warmly by the community.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

:lol:

As if something like this would change ED's plans, based on a few vocal people's whims.

:thumbup: totally unnecessary such a pool survey. Let us be happy that the F-4 was even announced.

Fractal Define R6 | Maximus XI Hero | i7-9700K@5.1GHz | GTX 2080 Ti | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | SSD M.2 1TB | VG248QE | TM Hotas Warthog | TrackIR4

DCS F-5E | MiG-21 | A-10C | FC3 | NTTR | F/A-18C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe that the Phantom is an iconic Vietnam-era aircraft, that deserves to have its place in DCS. The E is a good variant, however, that is arguable. Shouldn't we focus and prioritize on the older generation aircraft than the newer ones?

Shouldn't we focus and prioritize on the older generation aircraft than the newer ones?

For me, definitely not. I love modern (80ies upwards) combat aircraft.

Leaving out my personal preference, I would opt for variety instead, like ED already did. Aircraft from different areas and not only the "standards".

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Corrected it for you.

I'm a big fan of the F-16 as well as for the F-4 and as i'm german i would love to see the F-4 in DCS.

But there is no objective argument like the misquoted above that would favour the F-4 over the F-16.

It is personel interest. There a people who prefer the F-16A over the C. I think it isn't (and shouldn't be) a question of capability.

There are lots of objective arguments to this end:

- F-16 just after F/A-18 is pretty much "more of the same". Another 4th gen US multirole fighter with highly similar capabilities and weaponry, from the same time period.

- Yet more bluefor modern aircraft, again more of the same.

- F-4 fits perfectly to 70s-80s setup that is growing nicely in DCS. It would be a great stable mate and/or rival with the likes of MiG-21Bis, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, F-14A, as well as upcoming aircraft like MiG-23MLA and Mirage F-1, and even Mirage III.

But these don't matter in the end, as the point is to make more and more immediate profits with F-16. Therefore I, and people who are like minded are only left with the option of signing a futile petition and be disappointed, and to move on, and to continue not supporting ED :P.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script