A-7 by RAZBAM confirmed!

MrDieing

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that's a really good news! We're getting closer and closer to get fully functional cold war Carrier Air Wing!

And BTW, some off-topic, but this is something i want to know. ED posted info lately, that they used CFD modelling of their P-47 flight dynamics, because they lack documetns on its flight features and wind tunnel tests of this craft, but they prefer using documents when modelling their craft. Heatblur also try to find some docs on F-14 flight dynamics, but they are more in hybrid way - use both original info and CFD. Do you guys prefer CFD modelling of your crafts? Or you also try to find some original data on their flight dynamics and then put it into the game? Or maybe you are in some unique way of modelling it?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Can you elaborate what's missing? - Ground mapping radar, something else or multiple items?

For the plane itself the ground radar is the big thing I imagine. Though it shares a lot of advanced armament with the F18 as well. With Shrike, HARM, Walleye and TALD being developed by ED as well it makes sense to wait a bit with the A7.

The A-7 will be an instant buy for me. My love for this plane started when living in Portugal and seeing them fly nearly daily from S.Jacinto Air base to Maceda air base right over our house. Go make this one Razbam

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

I loved flying the A-7E... from Kitty Hawk. Hopefully you get to it soon... I'm not getting any younger. I'd love to help in the development, if you are in need of a Former A-7E dude. Last time I flew it was in the mid-80's

• 5 weeks later...

A-7 was always a favorite for me, a very different take on what makes a good frontline attack aircraft. Faster than the A-10, but not as fast or relatively fragile as the Su-17. It will make a fine compliment to the F-4E and F-14

My Logitech Extreme3D Pro "Essentials" Profiles for FC3 and 25T:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/599930/

VERN0UL.png

Thrustmaster T.16000M, TWCS

FC3, F-5E, M2000C, AJS-37, C-101, F-14, NTTR

• 7 months later...

As far as I've read it's a "we'd ike to do it" plane. I wouldn't call it confirmed considering how far back in the production cycle it likely is and the fact that plans change. Before the A-7 is the mig-23, F-15E, the super tucano, Harrier variants, Falklands, and Falklands assets like a mirage 3 and maybe a flyable super entendard. So beyond those solid confirmations they may surprise us, but it's not subject to useful speculation yet. Just for fun speculation is fine though ;)

So it's been over a year, any news yet?

Ryzen 7 3800x - 32G DDR4 3400Mhz - RTX 2070 - M.2 1TB - Saitek x52 - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals - Oculus Rift - 2 lap cats

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B, MIG-21bis, MIG-19P, Mig-15, F5-E3, F-86F, A-4, F-14, A-10C, JF-17

It says in the original post that the earliest it would be coming was after the M-IIICJ which itself has had no news in quite a while. The aircraft isn't even listed in the roadmap for the short to mid term so if this aircraft is still on the cards I would expect to wait several more years yet, that is of course assuming its still in development.

Honestly I would expect to see a couple of aircraft related to the Falklands conflict to go along with the map Razbam are making (not to mention the F-15E and Supertacano) before this project gains any real traction.

• 1 year later...

Does it matter at all?

Quo vadis Razbam's A-7?

With the new developers, what does it matter anymore what Razbam is doing with A-7, if anything?

They have got quite plenty on their plates, and honestly they need all resources they can have to complete what is current.

When I saw their update about their teams, I realized how outnumbered they are given the wealth of projects currently in progress.

With A7 announced, I think we can stop talking about it here and just move on.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta