Tic-Tac UFO model

Harlikwin

At least add it to the mission editor and make it trackable by the Tpod... I mean we have hornets now.

Or maybe a full blown module... :music_whistling:

The flight modeling should be easy at least.

giphy.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Could be a fun thing for mission designers.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

UFO, that's from Heaven. Tic Tac....an interesting name lol.

Most likely its from lock-marts skunk works... But still be fun to have a UFO in game.

Most likely its from lock-marts skunk works... But still be fun to have a UFO in game.

That guess works for modern era but not for before ww2 to far in the past. Out of military developpments there are also, at least, paterns for civilian flying drones with EM way of moving (strong and very short range EM field driving fluid direct environnement, thin/air with big energy needs or thick/water with small energy needs, that is being electrized continuously) in U.S. tech. universities f.e.

And principle is old (1900) and demonstration well known. Exemple from 1980 (in an old TV show "twilight zone" style lol) : (put subs in english)

I agree it'd be fun to have some "more" allusions to ufo in DCS, at least as it concerns something that air crews can be confronted to (and are).

Probably more a mod wish (at least 1 already exists) as no one can be asked for real datas. Good point there is no paterns/rights issue. (yes?)

Most likely its from lock-marts skunk works...

Probably. Occam’s razor applies.

Still, I recently listened to a long interview with Cmd Fravor on the Fighter Pilot Podcast and that was enough to instill some doubt in me that they’re gov’t black objects.

(youtube linked because the fpp website is currently down for maintenance. also, notice the top comment for the video.)

Multiple highly trained and credible witnesses across multiple days and recorded with multiple disparate sensor platforms.

Assuming these incidents, and ones like them, actually did occur as described (and I believe they did), it’s hard to believe the US gov’t was/is operating a bleeding edge black aircraft with a novel, heretofore unknown propulsion method, just...out in the open. Interacting with fighters, civilian aircraft, ships, etc, and risking potential engagement with the military. That’s simply not how black programs work.

A foreign government, then? I guess that’s possible too, but much less likely for a huge variety of reasons.

Also consider that these specific instances were recorded in I think 2004. What’s visible in the videos is an operational aircraft representing literal decades of research, development and testing. Then factor in the 15 years since the videos were recorded...and we still know nothing about them? In our current environment that alone is amazing.

I’ll stop now because I could argue with myself (or anyone here ftm) about this all day.

Suffice it to say that the answer is still ‘probably’ a LM or NG black project, but if you haven’t listened to that interview, you should. The whole story is damn fascinating.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Well, steering this a bit back on topic. I think it could be used as "observer" type plane in multiplayer. Just give it no ability to interact with other planes. But it could zoom about check things out etc.

Cant be put in DCS...Too Classified...No Tech Data...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Well this is a bizarre request from the person on a crusade about the accuracy of the Harriers CCIP. I was almost certain this was going to be a Xilon post when I saw the title.

I just happen to have a sense of humor :thumbup:... And its CCRP too, dumb bombing on the harrier in general. But plenty of other folks have chimed in on CCRP issues, but I guess they aren't "crusaders".

5XbwTYf.gif

Edited by Harlikwin

Also, in the video you here the pilot say "its a drone check the SA" He's saying whatever it is he can see it on the SA page that we will be getting soon in the hornet so drone or not it's american.

Thats interesting... But could it just be marked/classified that way by whatever datalink source they are getting it from? Either auto classified by some sensor system based on overall shape/size etc. Or manually by some guy who didn't know what to make of it.

Edited by Harlikwin

You are aware theyre just visal errors from the lense on the flir ones a drone one was a plane. Theres some explanations about these that arent too hard to find

I know to distinguish the true from the fake the videos that place are almost completely true only some are false.

I know to distinguish the true from the fake the videos that place are almost completely true only some are false.

You certainly seem to have trouble with the obvious fakes:

The U.F.O. all over the world exist and on the radar are classified as U.F.O. or U.S.O.

If you are an airline expert in the forum you should know how to recognize the difference between an airplane and a U.F.O.

ok explain to me from this amateur video .what is this

This thread was fun for a minute but now it’s not. Good luck out there everyone!

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...