VR view needs some restriction

jay43

Too extreme ... restrict blood flow to the brain so you pass out and have a taser mounted to your seat to prompt you to pull up at the appropriate altitude. Call it the rectal extraction mode ... :censored:

of make it so if your head tracks outside the canopy above a specific speed you die... lol

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking out of your Cockpit? No problem!

Well....... You can make an issue about it, or.......

you can crank up the fun level, like Roie Gat did.... :music_whistling:

DSC out of body experience

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS : Wing walking on L-39 wing with Oculus Rift CV1

Dell XPS 8700: 28" DELL S2817Q 3840pi, i7-4790 3.6 GHz, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super, Windows 10, SSD 1 TB, HDD 2 TB + 32 GB SSD, TM HOTAS, Oculus Rift S.

Repetition is the Mother of All Skills:matrix:

[sIGPIC]<a href="http://www.flyfighterjet.com/" target="_blank"></a>[/sIGPIC]

With TrackIR you can "Theoretically" get creative with your setup so a tiny head movement can translate to a very large displacement. Even then do you really gain some advantage putting your head 100m in front of your plane rly???. I think ED only put it in TIR boundaries because it was easy to do and it would put an end to some never ending threads

VR is different because it is 1:1. If you want to translate your view to 100m in front ... you have to actually move your head 100 METERS. AINT NOONE GONNA DO THAT - the cable isn't long enough.

I kept going through the canopy for the first couple weeks, but I rarely do it anymore. I guess I got used to the way I have to twist to check 6.

But i'm tempted to try this:

81SbJrGd60L._SL1500_.jpg

:D

i5-4670K@4.5GHz / 16 GB RAM / SSD / GTX1080

Rift CV1 / G-seat / modded FFB HOTAS

With TrackIR you can "Theoretically" get creative with your setup so a tiny head movement can translate to a very large displacement. Even then do you really gain some advantage putting your head 100m in front of your plane rly???. I think ED only put it in TIR boundaries because it was easy to do and it would put an end to some never ending threads

VR is different because it is 1:1. If you want to translate your view to 100m in front ... you have to actually move your head 100 METERS. AINT NOONE GONNA DO THAT - the cable isn't long enough.

You don't need to walk 100m infront of you that is excessive, you really only need to lean and re-centre in the leaned position then once your body moves back your view is now outside ,

for example sit as upright as you can re-centre then shrink down as much as you can an re-centre now you can check six without looking at the seat, which does give users a outside of cockpit view advantage in servers which lock external views.

Although it will make for some damn good videos with views that have been difficult to do, just stand up in the Huey once airborne an tell me its not an amazing view i feel like i am on top of the world lol like an idiot i put my arms up an even pretended to fly wife thinks i have definitely lost it.

Flying tail draggers is sweet especially taxing with being able to lean out thanks Highway for nudge on that one it never occurred to me.

An getting in tight spot with the Huey with being able to lean out is pretty cool especially with hotas button to jump seats.

Time will only tell on this one as VR interest grows an more see it, must've been the same when TIR was adopted into the sim hence why it was restricted.

Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.

System Spec.

Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1

Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A

CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz

RAM: 32gb

GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready

Cooling: Predator 360

Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold

Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

people will find ways to exploit stuff regardless.

Creating a virtual barrier that causes desync will only cause VR Sickness/DisOrientation.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...
I think it'd be disorienting to have the view stop tracking suddenly. I vote against setting view limits.

It would be equally disorientating to smack your face into the canopy :megalol:. However, I still don't really want to put limits on, just don't stick your head through the glass.

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

• 1 month later...